LG OLED C8 TV owners and discussion

Hm. Strange. But I also had to try several times before it found the update. After about 7 or 8 times "check for update" it appeared. Try to let the check run several times in a row.

I had to shut off at the wall and restart that way before it found the Update

So you just went for it :)
Do you see any other new features? Airplay 2, Apple app etc?

If Airplay 2 coming in to the C8 soon like they said it would, I would expect to see it in betas soon.

Any mention of this on other forums?

You get used to the film grain, but things would look a lot better with it off or at least a slider to minimize the effect.
Agreed. In some parts of the game it's barely noticeable and in other parts it looks heavy.
Great game though, roughly six hours in and I'm hooked.

Ah thank you. Good to know. Think I will install it.
I have also taken the plunge considering the public Firmware is unlikely to ever pass the engineering one based on the feedback from LG, but then you never know, didn’t expect to see this one

So, from what I've read in previous posts, the 5.30.xx is just a 'bug fixes' update? I don't see any mention of Airplay 2/Homekit/Apple TV app.....

Last edited:
So, any experiences to share after installing 5.30.02??
It's still gone for me, "no updates found" :O
I didn't want to install it (yet) anyway, so I haven't tried to disconnect the power and search for updates again. And with the Disney+ trick, I live in Norway so the app isn't available for me yet (15th of Sept..)

I have been checking and I don’t see anything different under 05.30.02, other than the Disney app now working.... at least nothing was broken, which is good. Apple TV has also not been added yet...

Would anyone be able to tell me what settings they are running for 4K HDR Blu Ray currently?

I was having a tinker round last night when watching a movie and had what I'd describe as a really dark and hard to watch picture, tried with both lights on and room in total darkness (ambient lighting too in place)

Would anyone be able to tell me what settings they are running for 4K HDR Blu Ray currently?

I was having a tinker round last night when watching a movie and had what I'd describe as a really dark and hard to watch picture, tried with both lights on and room in total darkness (ambient lighting too in place)

Here's my settings for HDR, should give you a starting point at least:

Picture Mode: Cinema (User)

Oled light 100
Contrast 88
Brightness 50
Colour 56

Sharpness 0
Dynamic Contrast Off
Super Resolution Off
Colour Gamut Auto
Gamma 2.2

Here's my settings for HDR, should give you a starting point at least:

Picture Mode: Cinema (User)

Oled light 100
Contrast 88
Brightness 50
Colour 56

Sharpness 0
Dynamic Contrast Off
Super Resolution Off
Colour Gamut Auto
Gamma 2.2

Awesome thank you, I noticed the gamma was greyed out last night on mine but thought it may be the xbox misbehaving.

Is everything else set to off?

Yep, no additional processing (motion, noise reduction etc.) enabled.

Possibly silly question incoming.

On the same input (say HDMI 1) I have game mode and cinema mode setup, for games and films respectively.

For game mode I have brightness at 54 as that seems to be my panels true black setting. Should it be the same for cinema, and all other picture modes on the same input (excluding HDR modes, I leave them at 50). I realise this should be easy to check, but I have multiple inputs, with multiple SDR picture modes configured. Just wondering if a blanket setting of 54 is the ticket, assuming gamma is set the same.

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my C8.

The special functions of the remore, like the pointer, voice control, ets, stop working from time to time and the message from the photo appear in the right top corner of the TV "Bluetooth services need to be started".

Usually if I disconnect the tv from the electric plug and connect back after a couple of minutes the situation seem to be solved but after a while it wil start happening again.

This has already started a couple of months ago, but at the time I did a factory reset and has been working find until few days ago.

When this happens I always test the LG Magic Remote on my other LG TV and it works fine so I think I can rule out any issues with the remote control.

What can it be?

Thank you in advance.

20200709-083753.jpg

I’m still on FW 04.10.20 because updating beyond this will affect my calibration (I don’t want to pay for another calibration). Am I right that Disney+ won’t work unless the FW is the most up to date? When I select to install the app it prompts with “To use this application, the software must be updated. Do you want to update it now?”

Cheers

I’m still on FW 04.10.20 because updating beyond this will affect my calibration (I don’t want to pay for another calibration). Am I right that Disney+ won’t work unless the FW is the most up to date? When I select to install the app it prompts with “To use this application, the software must be updated. Do you want to update it now?”

Cheers

Correct, D+ needs you to be on the current official firmware or the new engineering one

Cheers
Yes, you must be on the latest firmware to use the Disney+ app...

Correct, D+ needs you to be on the current official firmware or the new engineering one
Has anyone on either the latest public firmware or the engineering one able to get Atmos through DD+ via arc in the internal apps like Netflix or Disney+

Has anyone on either the latest public firmware or the engineering one able to get Atmos through DD+ via arc in the internal apps like Netflix or Disney+

Yes. Netflix has had it for years. Haven't checked Disney+ recently as there's fudge all on there I want to watch but I believe they've restored it in the last few weeks too.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom