LG OLED C8 owners and discussion

raymondo77

Been using YouTube extensively since the update and no issues here.

Okay thanks, there’s no logical reason I can see why one would cause the other but thought I’d ask anyway.

hareid

05.30.10 now on LG UK site for download.
Also on NOR(way) site for download, but not with OTA.

The search for OTA updates is so fast now.
Before it took a while when searching, now it's says "didn't find any update" just in a flash...
It's like it's not searching at all?!

google

Distinguished Member
Okay thanks, there’s no logical reason I can see why one would cause the other but thought I’d ask anyway.
I know you will have done this but have you powered down your C8since the update? I think I read somewhere that sometimes after an update it can be good to power down if things aren't working the way they should. Might be worth a try if you haven't.

Spiderpig

Distinguished Member
Downloaded the update. Apple AirPlay seemed to work ok for me, at least for photos and videos. Not great quality though.

Ash26

Standard Member
When I start the update through USB it comes up with a message to say this update cannot be applied to this TV. Anyone know why?

Spiderpig

Distinguished Member
When I start the update through USB it comes up with a message to say this update cannot be applied to this TV. Anyone know why?

Sounds like you've downloaded the wrong file for your TV. Or you might be on the engineering track?

This is what you're after:

Screenshot 2021-01-20 122859.png

Remember, the unzipped firmware must go into a folder called "LG_DTV"

The Gate

Novice Member
I tried the download on mac, but couldn't get it to work, it appears only to work on a Windows download.

Ironic given that the major change is Airplay :)

Goonerdude

Download earlier this morning from LG U.K. website on my iMac & installed the firmware all running fine on my E8.

Make sure there is nothing else on the root drive of your USB stick & the folder is called LG_DTV

Small gigabyte USB sticks seem to work better in my experience.

Hope that helps

ebousca

Novice Member
Hi from France, installed 05.30.10 fw from usb but i still have the "no response" issue with homekit when the TV is off...

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
I have to wait for the OTA update as my C8 is wall mounted :( lol

It’s on the bottom left hand side and easily accessible 👍🏻

Mine is wall mounted, updated from USB no issues this morning. Airplay isn’t working well though. Videos filmed in 4K on my iPhone are very juddery and constantly buffer. 4K videos filmed on my DJI drone and transferred to my iPhone play ok-ish, with a little judder.

C8 is hardwired to my router. Bit of an anticlimax in all honesty.

Last edited:

Goooner

Distinguished Member
My C8 has developed 2 small clusters of what I'm assuming are dead pixels :(
Who did you buy it from and is it still under (extended) warranty?

Had my screen replaced last year for dead pixels.

Gabrielp

Novice Member
this is my lgcx remote after three months, it's been like this after a month and a half as you notice all the buttons except the numbers and the two buttons aside the 0 are gone. I do cream my hands but this is ridiculous.
16113992077411834235677527919730.jpg

Gehrman

Who did you buy it from and is it still under (extended) warranty?

Had my screen replaced last year for dead pixels.
Was on the phone for a while to JL today and the have arranged for an engineer to pick up my TV on Monday and it's looking like a replacement panel.

martylaa

Anyone having any issues with Amazon prime lately, I’m getting error messages when i try and laod a show, then when it does load then the buffering is terrible, blocky pictures etc.

I have no issues with other streaming apps on the TV, broadband speed is around 60MB download speeds and no signs of drop out.

I’ve even deleted the app and re-installed to no avail...

raymondo77

Anyone having any issues with Amazon prime lately, I’m getting error messages when i try and laod a show, then when it does load then the buffering is terrible, blocky pictures etc.

I have no issues with other streaming apps on the TV, broadband speed is around 60MB download speeds and no signs of drop out.

I’ve even deleted the app and re-installed to no avail...

No, I've been watching a lot of stuff on Starz on the Amazon app and it's been perfect.

The issues you describe are exactly what I've been having with the YouTube app though, for the past month. Weird.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021