LG OLED C8 owners and discussion

raymondo77

Been using YouTube extensively since the update and no issues here.

Okay thanks, there’s no logical reason I can see why one would cause the other but thought I’d ask anyway.

google

Distinguished Member
Okay thanks, there’s no logical reason I can see why one would cause the other but thought I’d ask anyway.
I know you will have done this but have you powered down your C8since the update? I think I read somewhere that sometimes after an update it can be good to power down if things aren't working the way they should. Might be worth a try if you haven't.

Spiderpig

Distinguished Member
Downloaded the update. Apple AirPlay seemed to work ok for me, at least for photos and videos. Not great quality though.

Spiderpig

Distinguished Member
When I start the update through USB it comes up with a message to say this update cannot be applied to this TV. Anyone know why?

Sounds like you've downloaded the wrong file for your TV. Or you might be on the engineering track?

This is what you're after:

Screenshot 2021-01-20 122859.png

Remember, the unzipped firmware must go into a folder called "LG_DTV"

Goonerdude

Download earlier this morning from LG U.K. website on my iMac & installed the firmware all running fine on my E8.

Make sure there is nothing else on the root drive of your USB stick & the folder is called LG_DTV

Small gigabyte USB sticks seem to work better in my experience.

Hope that helps

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
I have to wait for the OTA update as my C8 is wall mounted :( lol

It’s on the bottom left hand side and easily accessible 👍🏻

Mine is wall mounted, updated from USB no issues this morning. Airplay isn’t working well though. Videos filmed in 4K on my iPhone are very juddery and constantly buffer. 4K videos filmed on my DJI drone and transferred to my iPhone play ok-ish, with a little judder.

C8 is hardwired to my router. Bit of an anticlimax in all honesty.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom