LG OLED C8 owners and discussion

hareid

@hareid ok. My question is if I change the country to the UK and download the Apple TV app will I still have it or will I be able to use it when I return the country to Romania for example?
It will still be there when returning to Romania. (I've been doing this for BBC iPlayer and Swedish/Danish apps, and use them with SmartDNS. A lot of HLG HDR snacks on the BBC app btw. :) )

lee1980

Yeah all same. I tried a few things to see,
Thanks, we Disney was ok need to try apple tv app, and will turn it all of fully at wall and see, but strange as all worked ok before, thinking best keep firestick for now!

lee1980

Using LG remote plus app to ‘i’ button it, seems to be 4k at 2160, and went up to 5.6mbps but it only works on Netflix the info thing. Apple Tv is in DV, so its just Netflix and Amazon video that the LG doesn’t pick up as DV/HDR when it used to. I tried deleting app to.

Attachments

dazzasky

Using LG remote plus app to ‘i’ button it, seems to be 4k at 2160, and went up to 5.6mbps but it only works on Netflix the info thing. Apple Tv is in DV, so its just Netflix and Amazon video that the LG doesn’t pick up as DV/HDR when it used to. I tried deleting app to.
What program are you watching? Not all UHD content is in HDR or DV.

lee1980

What program are you watching? Not all UHD content is in HDR or DV.
No I understand of course, its only programs/films that are labelled DV/HDR/Ultra 4K. Tried like previous ones Stranger things know in DV and had the pop up top right etc before.
More recently Cobra Kai, is where screen shot is from above.

chros

Cobra Kai is 4k SDR not DV just like Stranger Things S01. Try Altered Carbon instead.

lee1980

Cobra Kai is 4k SDR not DV just like Stranger Things S01. Try Altered Carbon instead.
Thanks, I see, yeah it doesn't recognise all, Stranger things S3 is in DV and comes up as does Altered carbon, I guess all though they put DV on listing or UHD doesn't, mean it is fully or that the C8 will show it!
I find with most they start of in HD to and then go to DV/HDR after a few minutes or so.

steve081272

"Anyone have any tips/advice for optimizing WiFi performance for streaming from in built Netflix and Amazon apps? Recently the bitrate and PQ while streaming has been fluctuating alot making stuff unwatchable. I'm on 300mb full fibre and never had an issue before."

Update on this. Stuttering and drop in PQ continued while using built in Netflix and Amazon apps. Switched to using apps on my ATV 4k and PQ quality while streaming is perfect.

Ruud2007

Standard Member
"Anyone have any tips/advice for optimizing WiFi performance for streaming from in built Netflix and Amazon apps? Recently the bitrate and PQ while streaming has been fluctuating alot making stuff unwatchable. I'm on 300mb full fibre and never had an issue before."

Update on this. Stuttering and drop in PQ continued while using built in Netflix and Amazon apps. Switched to using apps on my ATV 4k and PQ quality while streaming is perfect.
Have you switched off Quick Start?

mrtickleuk

Yep, Quick Start is disabled. Should I have it enabled?
No, it's more that it's one of the first things you turn off when troubleshooting. :)
Netflix and AP don't use more then 15-20Mbps, so it points to a WiFi problem somewhere.
What do you get from the internal Netflix app's internal speed test? ("Help" / "check your network").
What do you get from the internal YouTube app's speed stats? (Play a big 4K/8K demo, and turn on "stats for nerds" from the youtube time bar, the little bug).

bromberg

Hi. My Little daughter has stolen My Remote for c8. I bought a harmony elite instead, but i really miss the pointer and so does my family.
Will i be able to use this Remote for c8

chros

Did Apple+ restore the original bandwidth finally?

I was wondering that im holding off on apple and disney until i know its full quality

chros

How do you know for sure? Did you test it?

Roohster

Distinguished Member
I made a separate thread about this but I think there's something wrong with the Apple TV app we got recently. Playback is very stuttery (this is also being discussed on the B8 thread).

It was updated recently but that hasn't fixed it.

BrightonChris

Distinguished Member
I can't install the apple tv app. It just comes up with a message saying that I need to update my software. But for some reason I can't. It just says unable to.