LG OLED C8 TV owners and discussion

Anyone have any tips/advice for optimizing WiFi performance for streaming from in built Netflix and Amazon apps? Recently the bitrate and PQ while streaming has been fluctuating alot making stuff unwatchable. I'm on 300mb full fibre and never had an issue before.

Ive found on mine it sometimes gets a better connection on 2.4ghz instead of 5

@mrtickleuk Do you know if dimming (GSR Enable) can be disabled on Panasonic OLEDs?

I have a 2018 model and it's very annoying with games and football. No such issue with my 2017 LG E7.

I read your post earlier about the different dimming types:

@mrtickleuk Do you know if dimming (GSR Enable) can be disabled on Panasonic OLEDs?

I have a 2018 model and it's very annoying with games and football. No such issue with my 2017 LG E7.

I read your post earlier about the different dimming types:

The LG dimming algorithm has become much more aggressive from the 2018 OLEDs onwards my old E7 didn’t dim but on my E8 it destroys a fabulous picture.

Not anymore thanks to LG & entering the secret mysterious world of the service menu.

Not sure if Panasonic firmware gives you the same option in the service menu to turn off the dimming algorithm isn’t theres supposed to be less aggressive then on LG’s OLEDS anyway?

Netflix help just said to check was on 4k plan etc and can stream 4k. Just did another test both Netflix and amazon apps for C8 now do not have the pop up top right for DV/HDR and when go to pictures settings would switch to DV and say so like DV home cinema. They both used to do this. So can't tell if if its in DV/HDR though does not look the best.
The Disney app though shows DV pop up and DV in picture mode.
If I use through firestick all is in DV as seems all is on there.
I must try C8 apple tv app.
Anyone else had this with LG apps? I thought i would be able to remove firestick now C8 has apple tv app.
C8 is on latest firmware and apps are all up to date to.

I have OLED C8 PLA but i cant find Apple tv app ?
My WebOS is 05.20.02

Have you searched for it in the content store? That's where I got it, although some people have said it installed automatically.

Mine was there to already when installed latest FW, any one else having trouble with apps as my post above?

Can anyone post a picture from the Lg content store just to see what the Apple TV app looks like? Thanks

Can anyone post a picture from the Lg content store just to see what the Apple TV app looks like? Thanks
Have you searched for it?

Attachments

• IMG_5626.JPG
    IMG_5626.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 71
When you search in the LG Content Store.

Attachments

• IMG_5627.JPG
    IMG_5627.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 89
@hareid thanks but i dont have it. What is your WebOS version?
I think all with a C8 and 5.20.02 have got the Apple TV app. I even find it with an old 5.20.03 beta. (but I can't use it...)
You are sure you have the right firmware?
If so, maybe you should pull the power cord, wait a min., and then check if it did arrive?

@hareid ok. My question is if I change the country to the UK and download the Apple TV app will I still have it or will I be able to use it when I return the country to Romania for example?

Mine was there to already when installed latest FW, any one else having trouble with apps as my post above?
Nope. I checked earlier all as per on inbuilt apps..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom