LG OLED C8 owners and discussion

R1DDS

Same here. Sat down to play last night and was bothered by the image. its what I was thinking of rather than actually playing the game.
Not sure what setting to change
I haven’t tried it again, it really bothered me:mad:

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
I've put in something like 30+ hours of The Last Of Us 2 by now, haven't been bothered by the film grain in the slightest.

The game looks fantastic on my 77C8. My TV is pro calibrated (including the Game and Game HDR modes), so that may be part of the reason I'm not experiencing the excessive noise that others are seeing on their sets. Either that or some are more sensitive to it than others.

jaminben

+1 TLOU 2 looks great on mine... no issues and no special settings just Game HDR.

CoolDust

Same here. Sat down to play last night and was bothered by the image. its what I was thinking of rather than actually playing the game.
Not sure what setting to change
Game has quite a bit of film grain so I presume that's what you are referring to? Nothing you can do about that unfortunately because it's just part of the games image.

I will have a look at my HDR settings later but they are nothing special. Game was a complete visual feast for me.

adbailey18

If a game has a setting for film grain and/or motion blur, it's turned off straight away. I can put up with it just about in films, but not a chance when I'm gaming!

RudiSt

Just checked - no engineering firmware out for the C8...

RudiSt

Hoping there is something in the works though... with a 5.30.xx number...

hareid

5.30.02 available, in engineering mode.
I will not install at this moment, but good to know that we have an alternative if the next official firmware version nr. is still on something beneath 5.20.03...

Edit: Anyway, I'm curious what's new in 5.30.02. Does anyone know where we find the info?
Edit2: If the upcoming official firmware arrives with <5.20.03, is there a chance that the 5.30.02 can disappear from engineering mode? Anywhere to download it for "safe keeping"?

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
5.30.02 available, in engineering mode.
I will not install at this moment, but good to know that we have an alternative if the next official firmware version nr. is still on something beneath 5.20.03...

Edit: Anyway, I'm curious what's new in 5.30.02. Does anyone know where we find the info?
Edit2: If the upcoming official firmware arrives with <5.20.03, is there a chance that the 5.30.02 can disappear from engineering mode? Anywhere to download it for "safe keeping"?
Thanks for the heads-up.

It fixes Disney+.

5FA8034D-9CA7-4CA3-841A-31A356C3FF99.jpeg

RudiSt

Mmmm, pondering installing it as well.... I’m already trapped out of the normal update cycle, so this really can’t hurt me any further...

RudiSt

People on previous engineering firmware couldn’t update to the latest version of the app... this new engineering firmware allows the app update and as such we can now actually use D+ again. So I think that comment was directed at us, rather than indicating a more general issue with D+

RudiSt

Ok, I just updated, will check during the day if I see anything strange. So far all looks fine, and I updated my D+ app with no issues...

hareid

Ok, now something strange happened.
My tv suddenly turned off and on again by itself.
After the restart, the 5.30.02 is not available.