LG OLED C8 owners and discussion

Goonerdude

Saw the update prompt appear on my C8 today, which was immediately dismissed by my daughter before I could do anything. Now back to the end of the queue. What am I missing, anything worthwhile in the update?
No update OTA available in London yet & nothing on LG website current firmware 05.10.45.

Anyone else spotted a firmware update?

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
What update do you mean? A new firmware?
Pretty sure, yes. But now I’m doubting myself. It was a system message at the bottom of the screen, and I definitely saw the the word ‘update’ but I’m starting to wonder if it was a prompt for a channel retune.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Don't think I've ever seen an update message at the bottom of the screen, they're always top right on mine. Unless there's an option somewhere to change them?

Could've just been an app update.

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Don't think I've ever seen an update message at the bottom of the screen, they're always top right on mine. Unless there's an option somewhere to change them?

Could've just been an app update.
Definitely it an app, and I always see the App update prompt top right.

Slugsy01

So my wee one turned off the TV before the pixel refresh was done. Should I do this manually or leave it?

adbailey18

Do you mean turned it on?

I thought if it failed to complete it tells you so?

adbailey18

Sorry, yes, it told me it had failed
Ahh ok. If it doesn't mention that it will auto do it, I'd say if it's due then to do a manual one.

See what others think too, as I'm no expert!

chros

Last edited:

JamesP1701

Hi all,

bit of an odd question. I’ve recently got a new gaming pc with a 2080Ti hooked up to my 65c8.

I’m having some odd v sync issues -games will play smooth but then have what seems to be a ‘judder,’ almost as if the frame rate doesn’t like it.

I suspect it’s an issue with the GPU itself, but keen to find out if anyone else has had issues?

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
I’ve not observed that behaviour. I have a 1080ti, the input the pc is connected to is set as PC and I leave it in Game picture mode (with all enhancements off obviously).

JamesP1701

I’ve not observed that behaviour. I have a 1080ti, the input the pc is connected to is set as PC and I leave it in Game picture mode (with all enhancements off obviously).
Yes, I never had issues with my previous GPU so think it’s a GPU issue rather than a tv issue.

CoolDust

Playing TLOU Part II on my C8 and it's absolutely stunning! 😍 Still blown away with the picture quality after nearly two years of ownership.

For anyone playing the game or about to start it I would recommend disabling Digital Tone Mapping for this one, I found a lot of the dark areas in the game far too bright and the flashlight was useless but turning DTM off and it looks much better now. :)

Juan12727

So let's just get to the meat and potatoes here...who is gonna get a CX to replace the C8? Im thinking about the 48'' just to game on but for 200$ more u can get a 55''. I have had such a good experience with my C8 in terms or no burn in or anything crazy like that and the picture is so dammm good i just want to get the latest and greatest.

adbailey18

From what I've seen there is no advantage of a CX over a C9, so get one if those if you can find one!

iangreasby

So let's just get to the meat and potatoes here...who is gonna get a CX to replace the C8? Im thinking about the 48'' just to game on but for 200$ more u can get a 55''. I have had such a good experience with my C8 in terms or no burn in or anything crazy like that and the picture is so dammm good i just want to get the latest and greatest.
I will be getting the 77" CX once the price comes down a bit. I'm coming from a 65" B8 so it's more about the increase in size for me. I'm not expecting a significant improvement in picture quality, but if it happens then I'll be more than happy!

Nitroxa

I wouldn't get a CX or anything else to replace my 65E8, from a gaming point of view I'm currently playing TLOU Part II and it looks sublime, DTM off and even then I've turned the brightness down to -2. I don't believe it could look better on any other domestic TV.

I'm not convinced about the benefits of HGIG, my E6 hard clips in HDR Standard and the updated Game Mode looks far better regardless of any in game settings.

It would only be worthwhile if your going 55 to 65/77 and even then I'd choose the C/E9..

When the next generation consoles release and there are proven benefits only HDMI2.1 enabled sets can provide, I would proabably have a rethink, but for now I'm 100% with my E8..

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
Yes, I never had issues with my previous GPU so think it’s a GPU issue rather than a tv issue.
That’s disappointing, hopefully it’s resolved for the 3000 series as I’ll likely be looking to upgrade next year.

I’m still happy with my 77C8, can’t see me replacing it until there’s a genuine shift in technology. The 9 and 10 series from LG don’t offer anywhere near enough visual improvements for me.

I’ll wait for something more substantial and slum it with HDMI 2.0b until then.😎

asheashe

Is there an up to date settings list for the 65C8? I had one from here when I got it at launch but I think I've tinkered with things and changed things around so many times its probably far from where it's meant to be, and saw that firmware changed things - any suggestions on a good starting point on current firmware?

R1DDS

Playing TLOU Part II on my C8 and it's absolutely stunning! 😍 Still blown away with the picture quality after nearly two years of ownership.

For anyone playing the game or about to start it I would recommend disabling Digital Tone Mapping for this one, I found a lot of the dark areas in the game far too bright and the flashlight was useless but turning DTM off and it looks much better now. :)
Mine looks terrible, very noisy picture, care to share your settings mate?

Cheers

PatrikH

Novice Member
Hi!
I'm having a problem trying to get Atmos working when playing from Netflix in the C8 and sending it to the JBL 9.1 via ARC.
Setting: sound out - auto, DD+
Anyone got it working with JBL?
Other soundbars it works with?

Liammck

Standard Member
Mine looks terrible, very noisy picture, care to share your settings mate?

Cheers
Same here. Sat down to play last night and was bothered by the image. its what I was thinking of rather than actually playing the game.
Not sure what setting to change