LG OLED C8 TV owners and discussion

dr no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not long before we have some owners. I suspect this will be the most sold OLED TV of this generation. Please post when you become an owner :)

Key Features

• Perfect Colour on Perfect Black
  • Alpha 9 Processor
  • ThinQ AI
  • Cinema HDR
  • Dolby Atmos
  • Streamlined Alpine Stand

C44A3A00-4DFA-4EF0-835B-4C90BE48DB14.jpeg
1F387B41-0AB8-4686-8B79-1A66581BB5D3.jpeg
55208C4F-4D81-422E-B40A-433AF3B706F1.jpeg
CDC81270-305A-4BA9-92D6-1EBBBD5FBA72.jpeg
31086CDD-00BB-4590-8593-3FB11E61CE0C.jpeg
A773B624-65F4-4A30-8C11-1510314F5428.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the Sony A8F will be the top seller especially if LG keep the idiotic pricing, which is where I’m most likely heading this year

I think the Sony A8F will be the top seller especially if LG keep the idiotic pricing, which is where I’m most likely heading this year
i could be in the same boat. want to upgrade my b6 to a c8 but the price is a out off. do you know when the AF8 is out ??? i need to make a decision on the c8 or AF8 soon as I'm normally an early adopter ....

i could be in the same boat. want to upgrade my b6 to a c8 but the price is a out off. do you know when the AF8 is out ??? i need to make a decision on the c8 or AF8 soon as I'm normally an early adopter ....
I was told by LE Concepts that they would have them at the end of the month

I believe the AF8 does have the 2018 panel.

I don't think the LG pricing is "idiotic" remember that they also have the B8 yet to come which will probably be AF8 price or less. Granted the B8 may not be as good as the AF8 - we'll have to wait and see. There are still questions about the android interface on the Sonys.

I also think that the LG prices will drop further than the Sonys eventually.

yes it is a good price but there is still the problem of the "DV lite" that sony use and the under powered O/S but if DV and apps are not needed then it could be a good buy for someone keen to get a 2018 oled panel

This thread is becoming an anticipation thread, might have been better to create when we actually have an owner.

Yes, please post when you have become a lucky owner
I will tidy up at that point.

Had a play with one in the Milton Keynes John Lewis store this morning. Couldn't really play about with it as an LG 'rep' was sitting on my shoulder spouting the usual sales waffle. One very interesting thing I learned though was that it supports HFR (for onboard apps), which I wasn't aware of.
As you'd expect, it wasn't possible to judge how good the PQ was, although terrestrial HD looked awful but that was mostly down to the insistence on displaying content in 'Vivid' mode, I'd expect. I'd not use the onboard tuners as I have Sky Q and run it and calibrate itthrough a Radiance Pro, so that's not an issue for me anyway.
I'm pretty confident I'll pick one up to replace my B6 when the prices get more sensible.

Paul

Connections still on the wrong end, would be much better at the RH end looking from the front for me.

I’m looking forward to seeing how good the C8 is over previous generations.

Quite surprised no one has taken the plunge and bought one yet.

yes it is a good price but there is still the problem of the "DV lite" that sony use and the under powered O/S but if DV and apps are not needed then it could be a good buy for someone keen to get a 2018 oled panel
What do you mean by dv lite? Is the sony using some sub underpowered non stellar dolby vision ?

Same for me - I am waiting for prices to settle on the C8 before making a purchase on the 65" (£4k including the £500 rebate is a bit steep compared to the £2499 65" C7)

Anyone knows what PLA and LLA stands on the end of the name of the model??

I bit the bullet and had 55 delivered last week.
Prevoisley had the Eg960.
Very impressed so far much improved on early models

So can you post pics ,some of 5% slides most people would like to see plus some 100% whites. :thumbsup:

I bit the bullet and had 55 delivered last week.
Prevoisley had the Eg960.
Very impressed so far much improved on early models
Congratulations on your new tv, I'm looking to get a 65 in a few months time. How does 1080p look on the C8?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom