LG OLED C7 / LG SH7B SYNC ISSUES

Seanzy00

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Prior to posting this I looked around for something but I couldn't find this specific setup. (Not saying it isn't somewhere)

I've got the LG OLED65C7 and using the LG SH7B sound bar. I'm having a consistent problem of having the video actually being ahead of the audio.

I've used the LG Sound Sync via optical, LG ARC via hdmi, LG Bluetooth and standard optical. All four connections have the exact same problem. The video is just ahead of the audio. I've done the audio sync option through the tv (to the max), tried bypass, tried it all off and it still doesn't get it synced. The sound bar only allows delaying of the audio, no advancing.

This happens when I use an off-air antenna, or through the built in netflix, amazon, etc. apps. (New house and setup, so I don't have an xbox or BD connected yet).

Again, if this exact situation has been posted about before, just link me over to it!! I hope to get this solved soon.

Thanks for the help!!!

No. I haven't found anything new to try yet and haven't heard back from anywhere else. :(

I'm having exactly the same issue with my 55C7V. It's really infuriating. Likewise the AV sync is set to -5 (max seeing to delay the video) and the audio is still lagging by a noticeable amount. It's especially bad with atmos (eg watching Okja on Netflix). I'm using audio over ARC to a denon avr x2200w.

You kind of expect fundamental things like audio sync to work on a £2k TV :(

Same issue on my 65” C7. ARC sound is just behind the video, and no amount of sync adjustment seems to fix it. You can only go -5 on the a/v sync, which apparently has no effect. Going + on the audio absolutely makes a difference, but unfortunately in the wrong direction. :(

Anyone made any progress on this at all?

I had the same issue just using my cable box and the built in sound bar on my E7. I had to do into my cable box and change the audio to PCM only from auto detect and ever since then the sound has been perfect.
I know that wont help at all for ever the air.

I had the same issue just using my cable box and the built in sound bar on my E7. I had to do into my cable box and change the audio to PCM only from auto detect and ever since then the sound has been perfect.
I know that wont help at all for ever the air.

Yep, this just sucks that audio is so lagged on my C7 OLED + HT-ST5000 over ARC. Apple TV = unusable with any apps over ARC, Netflix = unusable over ARC from the built-in app on the TV. Also, XBOX One and PS4 are lagged, too - over ARC. I put those two through the soundbar into the TV, which sorted that problem, and then my HTPC is the same - through the soundbar to the TV. Wish there were a surefire fix for the ARC issues. :(

It's just a mess.

I'm having the same issue. I have the C7 65 OLED and am using ARC back to a Denon receiver that I've had about a year. Major lag issues with audio and I've dinked with the sync setting as some others here have done to no avail. The only way around this is to set the ARC setting to use PCM. Even that setting has a little lag but can be fixed using the sync setting (-5). But if I'm going to use PCM I may as well not use ARC at all and just use the TV stereo speakers. FYI, I'm pulling A/V from the TV apps (Vudu, YouTube, etc). From what I understand the issue can sometimes be fixed by adjusting the sync on the receiver itself but I've not tried it yet.

So what's the consensus here? Is the 2017 LG OLEDs the issue or is it the Sony HT-ST5000 Soundbar? ARC is close to unusable at the moment - and for some sources, absolutely unusable. :(

I think the consensus here is that there is lag no matter what the audio device is output to. The common denominator is the LG C7. I know one other person that basically threw their hands up with the whole mess. He was using an optical cable and still had lag issues. I don't know much about frame rates either but translating from 60 to 24 may play a part as well. Just spit-balling though.

I think the consensus here is that there is lag no matter what the audio device is output to. The common denominator is the LG C7. I know one other person that basically threw their hands up with the whole mess. He was using an optical cable and still had lag issues. I don't know much about frame rates either but translating from 60 to 24 may play a part as well. Just spit-balling though.

Just madness. Sigh.

So, I fixed the sync issue but haven't tried it via Arc. I'll do that soon and post what I find. I wanted to do one thing at a time. I adjusted the audio sync feature on my Denon AVR. I set it for a positive 125 and now it's dead nuts. I was streaming from a Roku and from a Fire TV and both had sync issues. No longer. I know that issue wasn't a part of the original issue on this forum post so I apologize in advance if I'm off topic.

thats a different issue. to fix the issue related to the apps on the panel you would need to be able to set a 'minus' figure on an AVR for example. I'm sure you see thats impossible.

yes it is a separate issue hence the reason I stated that in my last post. All I'm saying is this may segway into something that can be rectified. The solution at this point for me is to stop using the apps on the TV and use Roku or Fire TV instead of the LG C7. Seems like ARC is more of a pain to get to work than it's worth.

One thing I'll add however is that while I can stream UHD content using media streaming devices it doesn't allow for the use of Dolby Digital which I would get if I used the TV apps instead.

Last edited:
I have a c7 and im having the same problems. i found the only way to get my sync back was on my skyQ box switch from dolby digital to normal. Downside i no longer have 5.1 on my sonos playbar only stereo. I have done all sorts of test and it all points to the c7. Ive even tried the bypass setting on the tv and that adds delay so that doesn't work.

I have a c7 and im having the same problems. i found the only way to get my sync back was on my skyQ box switch from dolby digital to normal. Downside i no longer have 5.1 on my sonos playbar only stereo. I have done all sorts of test and it all points to the c7. Ive even tried the bypass setting on the tv and that adds delay so that doesn't work.

I believe this was a similar issue on the 6-series OLEDs. I don't see it being fixed, just as it wasn't on last year's.

I am using an optical cable from my LG UP970 4K Blu-ray player to my LG SJ7 soundbar and I am having no lip-sync or sound issues. I just received my LG 4K OLED 65C7 on 8-28-17 and will be hooking up my TV sound to my soundbar with HDMI ARC, so I am curious if that will have issues considering everyone who is having issues on this thread.

I am using an optical cable from my LG UP970 4K Blu-ray player to my LG SJ7 soundbar and I am having no lip-sync or sound issues. I just received my LG 4K OLED 65C7 on 8-28-17 and will be hooking up my TV sound to my soundbar with HDMI ARC, so I am curious if that will have issues considering everyone who is having issues on this thread.

Probably. You’ll find out!

I see no reason on this forum to not consider the soundbar or surround sound system as the source of the issue. Everyone is automatically blaming the LG C7 TV, but we can't rule out the soundbars currently. I have looked up the SH7B and the HT-ST5000 and both have several reviews indicating issues with HDMI ARC and lip sync/sound sync issues. I am just trying to investigate all areas of the issue here. :)

I see no reason on this forum to not consider the soundbar or surround sound system as the source of the issue. Everyone is automatically blaming the LG C7 TV, but we can't rule out the soundbars currently. I have looked up the SH7B and the HT-ST5000 and both have several reviews indicating issues with HDMI ARC and lip sync/sound sync issues. I am just trying to investigate all areas of the issue here. :)

Oh I'm sure the HT-ST5000 is at least PART of the issue. On my C7, Amazon Prime Video is perfectly in sync on the HT-ST5000, but Netflix isn't. So who's at fault for Netflix issue? I plugged in my old Sony HT-CT770 sound bar via ARC, and sound is much better in sync, but still not perfect. I couldn't get it perfect like it is playing through the crappy TV speakers.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter whose fault it is. There should be sync adjustments that work, and on the LG C7 they just don't.

This is not correct, its the exact same issue with many on the 2016 range. The problem is the panel is not calculating/reporting/using the correct screen delay time then calculating sync.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom