LG OLED C6V owners, motion & hdr gaming?

Rip

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been holding off getting a 4k tv as I've been waiting for the XB1X to be released, but as I also watch 3d blu rays I realize my options for a 3d tv are getting fewer by the day, so I've been considering the LG C6V as there are still a few left. Are there any C6V owners out there that can tell me what the motion handling is like, & the input lag for gaming, general use for hdr gaming? I heard before that LG were going to do a firmware update to improve the input lag, have they given official figures for input lag now? And is the 3D good on this set? :)

The Input lag on the C6 for HDR Gaming is really low,... Its around 32ms i believe.

Gaming on this tv is awesome, Ive. ever had problems.

thewoe2 that sounds promising, do you play fast games like bf1 or cod & you have no problems with motion/ghosting? I've read a few contradictions so not sure what to believe? How long have you had yours & whats the 3D like on it?

I've had mine since January. Use it for Sky Q, Oppo UHD, Netflix, Amazon, Apple etc. And Xbox One S.

Forma Horizon in HDR is brilliant. Really good. Never had any issue with it. Although I'm no online games, but even then I believe you have more latency from your internet connection than you ever have from your TV.

3D is best I've ever seen. I had active 3D before from Samsung plasma. But LG passive 3D is just in a different league. It is fun and really good.

I've had a E6 for a few months and got a C6 on Monday. The 3D on both is simply incredible.

I also have another LG LED 3D TV which has 3D and the 3D performance is pretty good and a 3D DLP projector which has very good 3D.

The 3D on the C6 (and E6) are simply in another league.

I have not played any games on my C6 yet; but did briefly play some Wii U games on my E6 without a problem. I'm sure you'll be fine gaming on your C6.

Last edited:
Gaming on the c6 is amazing, it's all I really use it for and have not had any issues, make sure you download the software update from the lg website to add the HDR game update
IMG_1005.jpg

This what GTA 5 looks like taken using my iPhone

I have a Sony KDL-55W905A thats a couple of years old that I bought in a sale, tbh i've never been overly impressed with the 3d on it so I was considering maybe giving up the 3d side of the tv (its active 3d) but hearing/reading all the positive things about the 3d on the C6 makes me think I should stick with it. Its good to read here people saying positive things about gaming as thats what I'll be doing mostly doing on it. Keep them coming id like to hear from more owners.. :)

3d on the oleds is good enough to convert even non 3d lovers, I had several high end plasmas before going the oled route, and the 3d never bothered me, 3d is that good on the oleds that I would rather buy the 3d blu ray over the 4k version

3d on the oleds is good enough to convert even non 3d lovers, I had several high end plasmas before going the oled route, and the 3d never bothered me, 3d is that good on the oleds that I would rather buy the 3d blu ray over the 4k version

Totally agree.

I find that watching 4k films on the E6 or C6 to be a small incremental improvement.

Watching 3D is a quantum leap forward. It is staggeringly good.

IMHO it's the finest home cinema experience currently available.

Totally agree.

I find that watching 4k films on the E6 or C6 to be a small incremental improvement.

Watching 3D is a quantum leap forward. It is staggeringly good.

IMHO it's the finest home cinema experience currently available.
The 3d is 1080p per eye so 2160p in theory, it really is mind boggingly good, can't beleive now home 3d is where it should have been when first released and they then decide to stop making 3d sets, absolute morons lol

I still prefer my UHD, however I happily watch the movie again in 3D also.

In addition the conversion is actually really good as well. When playing forza horizon in 3D it is amazing. Considering the game itself isn't 3D that is just awesome.

The glasses are also much more comfortable than the active 3D. And I don't feel like I've got to close our verticale blinds.

I'm very very happy we still got a C6 with 3D.

The 3d is 1080p per eye so 2160p in theory, it really is mind boggingly good, can't beleive now home 3d is where it should have been when first released and they then decide to stop making 3d sets, absolute morons lol

It really makes no sense whatsoever.

The consumer electronics industry is a simple minded creature that only understands one thing at a time. The latest buzzword is 4K/HDR and 3D is forgotten.

Morons as you say.

It really makes no sense whatsoever.

The consumer electronics industry is a simple minded creature that only understands one thing at a time. The latest buzzword is 4K/HDR and 3D is forgotten.

Morons as you say.
Hdr is a mess at the minute, not a set standard, and too many dipping their toe in with hdr10, dolby vision, hlg, soon to be dynamic hdr10 etc etc, they need to standardise it as some things are mastered terribly, I had to change my brightness settings on a per film basis with 4k blu rays, it's annoyed me so much I've got rid of my 4k blu ray player and will stick to blu rays and 3d blu rays for now

I still prefer my UHD, however I happily watch the movie again in 3D also.

In addition the conversion is actually really good as well. When playing forza horizon in 3D it is amazing. Considering the game itself isn't 3D that is just awesome.

The glasses are also much more comfortable than the active 3D. And I don't feel like I've got to close our verticale blinds.

I'm very very happy we still got a C6 with 3D.

The big thing for me is that with the C6 we have a choice as to what format we we want to watch our films on.

With the 2017 televisions that choice is denied to us; which is unforgivable considering that the consumer electronics companies have spent years persuading us to buy 3D capable hardware and software.

Will they compensate us when our 3D hardware dies? I don't think so.

The big thing for me is that with the C6 we have a choice as to what format we we want to watch our films on.

With the 2017 televisions that choice is denied to us; which is unforgivable considering that the consumer electronics companies have spent years persuading us to buy 3D capable hardware and software.

Will they compensate us when our 3D hardware dies? I don't think so.
Agreed, at the moment it is actually the best multi format display when you consider 3D and DV etc.

Agreed, at the moment it is actually the best multi format display when you consider 3D and DV etc.

Totally agree.

The C6 occupies a 'sweet spot' of performance, features and price.

No doubt the 2017 OLED's offer an incremental improvement in picture quality.

But they take a massive backwards step by omitting 3D.

I hadn't intended to buy any television this year. I was happy to wait a year or two more until 4K was more mature. The manufacturers have forced me to buy now to retain 3D.

But it will be a very long time before they see the colour of my money again.

Totally agree.

The C6 occupies a 'sweet spot' of performance, features and price.

No doubt the 2017 OLED's offer an incremental improvement in picture quality.

But they take a massive backwards step by omitting 3D.

I hadn't intended to buy any television this year. I was happy to wait a year or two more until 4K was more mature. The manufacturers have forced me to buy now to retain 3D.

But it will be a very long time before they see the colour of my money again.
I think it was about 6 or 7 years since my HD Plasma developed a fault. And I can't even remember how long I had my Pioneer Plasma before that one; only sold it as I could get a larger screen in a smaller package.

If all goes well this one will stay with us for a long time. Can't see the point of buying for annual increases. Sure they have improvements, but yes I agree price, features, quality it is really difficult to think of a better allround option. Unfortunately it is running out rapidly.

Im hearing all sorts of good things about the 3D on the C6 which is great, but if you look at the reviews on the currys C6 page Geoffrey from Hartlepool says its unwatchable, wonder what his problem is, maybe a faulty set? LG OLED65C6V Smart 3D 4K Ultra HD HDR 65" Curved OLED TV (Confirmed purchase:07 June 2017
Published on:09 July 2017)
Maybe he doesn't realise you have to wear the glasses?

Or perhaps, and I don't get why people do that, he has his very high up on the wall above the fireplace...In order to get the best effect you really want it on eye height...

Really tempted to get involved in c6 too.
Remaining issues for me are the complaints of the new software that's just been released in US and Oz is that the HDR gaming mode is now very dim.

There seems suggestions that the latest software that other territories have just received updated the c6 to be Hlg ready - but whenever you are the software release notes there's no mention of hlg

Remaining issues for me are the complaints of the new software that's just been released in US and Oz is that the HDR gaming mode is now very dim.

There seems suggestions that the latest software that other territories have just received updated the c6 to be Hlg ready - but whenever you are the software release notes there's no mention of hlg
Don't apply the update then :p

Seriously though, I've had mine since January and haven't felt the need to apply any update as it works just fine as it does.

It isn't released in the US and Oz officially, they have downloaded it from a Russian website, some have complained about hdr game mode being dim, this will get sorted out, most firmware upgrades fix issues and create their own, I wouldn't worry about that one yet though as there's no hlg content to watch anyway so you are better off on the firmware from the LG UK website where there are no issues with hdr game mode

thewoe2 that sounds promising, do you play fast games like bf1 or cod & you have no problems with motion/ghosting? I've read a few contradictions so not sure what to believe? How long have you had yours & whats the 3D like on it?

I play COD MWR, BF1 etc... No problems from what i can see, The games look fantastic and play fantastic.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom