LG OLED C2 won't transmit Atmos straight to Sonos Arc!

Ross from Aus

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a 1 month old 65 inch LG OLED C2 TV. Today I upgraded my sound system to a Sonos Arc. Despite trying a myriad of different options recommended on other forums I cannot get the Sonos Arc to play Atmos sound. It will transmit at Stereo PCM. I have simply connected the TV to the Sonos Arc using the Sonos supplied HDMI cable. I have also tried three other HDMI cables! The connection is simply from the HDMI 2 (ARC) port on the TV to the HDMI Port on the Sonos Arc. The TV’s sound output is set to HDMI (ARC). I do receive Atmos sound on the TV (not the Sonos ARC) when I disconnect the Sonos Arc and play an Atmos featured Netflix show using the TV’s speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions or is this simply a bug in the LG software?

Thank you,

Ross

Hello Everyone,

I have a 1 month old 65 inch LG OLED C2 TV. Today I upgraded my sound system to a Sonos Arc. Despite trying a myriad of different options recommended on other forums I cannot get the Sonos Arc to play Atmos sound. It will transmit at Stereo PCM. I have simply connected the TV to the Sonos Arc using the Sonos supplied HDMI cable. I have also tried three other HDMI cables! The connection is simply from the HDMI 2 (ARC) port on the TV to the HDMI Port on the Sonos Arc. The TV’s sound output is set to HDMI (ARC). I do receive Atmos sound on the TV (not the Sonos ARC) when I disconnect the Sonos Arc and play an Atmos featured Netflix show using the TV’s speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions or is this simply a bug in the LG software?

Thank you,

Ross
Hi Everyone,

I have solved my own problem. However, I must confess that I am a Class A twit! When I was looking under advanced sound settings on the LG TV the settings were all greyed out (because I was not using the TV speakers). I did not realise that if you kept scrolling down you will find settings that you could change. All I had to do was continue to scroll down and then change the EARC setting to on. Sorry and thank you

Hi Everyone,

I have solved my own problem. However, I must confess that I am a Class A twit! When I was looking under advanced sound settings on the LG TV the settings were all greyed out (because I was not using the TV speakers). I did not realise that if you kept scrolling down you will find settings that you could change. All I had to do was continue to scroll down and then change the EARC setting to on. Sorry and thank you
Hi Ross
I was having similar problems. I turned on the EARC setting and pass thru on my LG 65 inch C2 but the best I can get from my Sonus Arc is Dolby Multichannel PCM 2.0. Are you now getting Dolby Atmos from your ARC? Can anyone else help out please? Many thanks, regards, Derek

Hi
I am thinking of the LG C2 or C3 to go with my Sonos Arc using Sky stream. Can anyone confirm no lip synch issues with this set up using Dolby atmos. Currently with Sony TV can only use Stereo output for Sky progs.

Hi
I am thinking of the LG C2 or C3 to go with my Sonos Arc using Sky stream. Can anyone confirm no lip synch issues with this set up using Dolby atmos. Currently with Sony TV can only use Stereo output for Sky progs.
LG C1 here with Sky Q and Sonos ARC. No lip sync issues.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom