LG oled c1 sun damage?

lewys

Hi,

I have owned the LG c1 for just over a month now and today I moved it to the other side of the room to paint the wall behind for an hour.

I have now moved it back and I can clearly see black marks on the TV which line up perfectly with the window/blinds.

I know that direct sun light can damage it but should it have really only taken an hour? Is there anyway this can be fixed? It wasnt even like if it was facing the sun head on.

I bought it from @Richer Sounds and I was wondering if they would replace/fix it for this issue seems I have had it for just over a month. Or should I go to LG?

Wez68

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I have owned the LG c1 for just over a month now and today I moved it to the other side of the room to paint the wall behind for an hour.

I have now moved it back and I can clearly see black marks on the TV which line up perfectly with the window/blinds.

I know that direct sun light can damage it but should it have really only taken an hour? Is there anyway this can be fixed? It wasnt even like if it was facing the sun head on.

I bought it from @Richer Sounds and I was wondering if they would replace/fix it for this issue seems I have had it for just over a month. Or should I go to LG?
Let it run a compensation then see what it looks like

lewys

Let it run a compensation then see what it looks like
Sorry what is that? The pixel refresher thing or something else?
Yup this has happened to me on an OLED. Compensation cycle sorted it
Ok thank you. I just started the manual one now. It didn't say how long it would take

Should it have really only take an hour in sun light to cause that issue though? Could it have made it worse if it was running the auto pixel refresher at the time?

Samv2001

Distinguished Member

Ok thank you. I just started the manual one now. It didn't say how long it would take

Should it have really only take an hour in sun light to cause that issue though? Could it have made it worse if it was running the auto pixel refresher at the time?
Just leave it plugged in and in standby overnight and it should run a cycle for about 10 minutes. No need to force a manual one.

Samv2001

Distinguished Member

It will probably be about 60 minutes if you kicked off a manual one.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom