Lg Oled C1 series.. I have 2 83" & 1 77" EArc issues

JohnnyDangerous

Novice Member
I have 2 83" lg Oled C1 and 1 73" lg Oled C1 TV's, 2 new Bose 900 sound bars and a new Bose 700 Sound bar.
all 3 TV's will pass sound through the sound bar and turn on and off when the Sound bar is powered on and off.
Ive check all wiring and know I'm connected properly...
the only issue is THE SOUND DOES NOT ADJUST..The Tv says it is lowering and raising the volume and mute,,but the volume does not physicilly change...
hours on the phone with Bose and with LG..
my first call to LG in December 2021 they wanted to come replace a board. my reseller replaced the Tv instead...
The replacement 83" had the same exact issue.
LG is giving me a run around now.
12,000 dollars my end user spent on new gear and it doesn't work the way its supposed to..
I told them to buy Sony...
Anyone else suffering with this issue..
Or any fix to this problem

next010

Distinguished Member
HDMI-CEC is what enables remote functions through ARC, however CEC/ARC are not strict standards and differences in implementations can result in bugs.

You should run the manual universal remote setup on the TV, you can tell it you have a Bose brand sound system and this programs the LG magic remote with some IR commands. That might give it control over the sound volume.

Other long shots
1) Try replacing the HDMI-ARC cable.
2) Unplug TV from power to do a full reboot of the TV, power TV back on and then toggle off/on simplink then see if volume works.

If the Bose has a HDMI input the Sharc is an eARC replacement device meant for sound systems without eARC but it would replace CEC/eARC of the Bose and control the volume effectively acting as a middle man.

Mark50

Novice Member
I have 2 83" lg Oled C1 and 1 73" lg Oled C1 TV's, 2 new Bose 900 sound bars and a new Bose 700 Sound bar.
all 3 TV's will pass sound through the sound bar and turn on and off when the Sound bar is powered on and off.
Ive check all wiring and know I'm connected properly...
the only issue is THE SOUND DOES NOT ADJUST..The Tv says it is lowering and raising the volume and mute,,but the volume does not physicilly change...
hours on the phone with Bose and with LG..
my first call to LG in December 2021 they wanted to come replace a board. my reseller replaced the Tv instead...
The replacement 83" had the same exact issue.
LG is giving me a run around now.
12,000 dollars my end user spent on new gear and it doesn't work the way its supposed to..
I told them to buy Sony...
Anyone else suffering with this issue..
Or any fix to this problem
I have just had the same thing happen. LG Cx with JLB 9.1bar. Was working fine then I had an update on my ps5. it didn’t install correctly, black screen. This is were I thought it maybe a tv setting. Switched some of the connection settings off and on, arc earc etc. in the end my ps5 updated in safe mode and all was ok with that however after that I had the problem you mentioned above. Tv remote will not adjust sound on bar. The sound is coming from the bar and volume indicator comes on screen but nothing happens . Bar remote works fine. Did you resolve the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom