LG OLED B9 TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Just noticed that a new firmware update was available for my B9 model.
I saw just a glimse before the info was gone from my screen.
I think the ending was 15....anyone knows more about this update?

Just noticed that a new firmware update was available for my B9 model.
I saw just a glimse before the info was gone from my screen.
I think the ending was 15....anyone knows more about this update?
This is all >

1. Improvement
1) Improved video playback issue in Netflix
2) Software update contains minor bug fix

I have been having trouble with ARK on my TV with the Denon sounbar I have and
According to Richer Sounds, ARK can be problamatic, and try using the Toslink lead.
If I do this I don't have volume control on my Magic remote, only the Sounbar remote.
This is a pain in the but, and not happy doing this, and don't really want to keep on using the TV's internal speakers.
So, was wondering if LG will be doing something to improve ARK, an update or something, or should I insist on a replacemant tV?

My OLED55B9PLA with 5.00.10 does not think there is an update available and will not find the 5.00.15 software that I put on a USB stick {which is how I updated to 5.00.10 in the first place). Baffled. Has anyone else had trouble updating from 5.00.10?

20210208_113237.jpg

No.

My OLED55B9PLA with 5.00.10 does not think there is an update available and will not find the 5.00.15 software that I put on a USB stick {which is how I updated to 5.00.10 in the first place). Baffled. Has anyone else had trouble updating from 5.00.10?
Yes. Theres always like a 10 day or so delay to over the air updates for me in the uk so I just update by usb.

My OLED55B9PLA is now updated to 5.00.15 and still will not talk with the Xbox One X (not series X) to allow 4k/HDR.

I normally have to update manually via a USB memory stick on my 55" LG B9 as, even when the firmware has been out for a few weeks, it would report no new updates.

However, I just saw the mention of a new firmware update in this forum today and turned my TV on to check if it updated, only to find that it was actually downloading the firmware automatically. I think this is the first time it has done that since I updated the shipped firmware back in August 2019 when I bought the TV.

My OLED55B9PLA is now updated to 5.00.15 and still will not talk with the Xbox One X (not series X) to allow 4k/HDR.

That is bizarre because I have the same model as you and my Xbox One X displays 4K and HDR perfectly and has done since I bought the TV back in late 2019. I am using an multi-HDMI adaptor as well as I had to move my Sky Q box over to a separate HDMI port with my then-PS4 Pro (now upgraded to a PS5), Blu-ray Player and Switch using the other three ports.

Sky Q reported that my TV was not 4K/HDR compatible when I used the Xbox One X's HDMI passthrough (my previous Sky+HD box was connected to my Xbox One X and the Xbox One X was then connected to my TV). Once it was connected to its own HDMI then Sky Q finally detected my TV as 4K/HDR-compatible, not that there's much of that type of content to watch on Sky Q anyway. Turns out that even though the Xbox One X is supposedly 4K/HDR-capable that Microsoft did not think to include a 4K/HDR-compatible HDMI passthrough!

Mine auto-updated this morning.

Does anyone else have an issue on their B9 where the screen flashes sometimes in dark scenes?

Does anyone else have an issue on their B9 where the screen flashes sometimes in dark scenes?

is the same for me but only after the 05.00.15 update

No, it didn't before the latest update either, I have no issues at all.

I do not but I do sometimes see the brightness raise in a scene like dolby vision updates after the scene starts, this is mostly with Netflix content.

No, I have never seen this issue since owning the TV from August 2019. I am currently on firmware 05.00.15 and have not noticed it with that either.

I have discovered that the issue I'm having with near black scenes flashing happens when I have VRR enabled on my Xbox Series X at 4k 120hz. Disable VRR and the issue disappears.

I have discovered that the issue I'm having with near black scenes flashing happens when I have VRR enabled on my Xbox Series X at 4k 120hz. Disable VRR and the issue disappears.
Do you also get this issue, the fuzzy line? I have it with 4k 120hz with VRR enabled and disabled. It was fine for a few days then just appeared.
Screenshot_20210219_095149.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom