LG OLED B9 TV Owners and Discussion Thread

I think he is saying the video is showing you the way to configure the TV with the best settings, it doesn't matter what the source is. I wouldn't go asking for help and then being rude to a stranger who is trying (and succeeding in my opinion) to give you advice.
You have to when people dont read just copy pasta. I asked about settings and what are they doin. And he copy a video with xbox settings. It clearly shows what to do with xbox at game mode . Totally nonsense. There isnt a single word or even a letter about watchin tv or movies and that settings. Yes i talked about isf mode if you read what i said. No game mode no xbox. So dont tell that its helpin to do a whole different. You can ask me you should buy bx or cx and ill link u a video with ps5 out of stock

I think he is saying the video is showing you the way to configure the TV with the best settings, it doesn't matter what the source is. I wouldn't go asking for help and then being rude to a stranger who is trying (and succeeding in my opinion) to give you advice.
Thanks for the back up mate. I was trying to help. I found Vincent's video very informative and wanted to share.

You have to when people dont read just copy pasta. I asked about settings and what are they doin. And he copy a video with xbox settings. It clearly shows what to do with xbox at game mode . Totally nonsense. There isnt a single word or even a letter about watchin tv or movies and that settings. Yes i talked about isf mode if you read what i said. No game mode no xbox. So dont tell that its helpin to do a whole different. You can ask me you should buy bx or cx and ill link u a video with ps5 out of stock
Go home mate

I might be late to the party but my TV just had a nice update to the iPlayer - better looking layout and now you can play with a UHD movie clip which just shows how good the iPlayer could look..

I might be late to the party but my TV just had a nice update to the iPlayer - better looking layout and now you can play with a UHD movie clip which just shows how good the iPlayer could look..

there’s a few things in UHD on iPlayer. Watch ‘A perfect planet’ it’s stunning.

Rob

Yes I have just looked and a few stunning looking goodies in there....

Did the update come automatically?

i am not sure - I just remember hubby saying we had to log back into iplayer and there it was....I think the setting on the LG is for automatic app updates....

When I browser Iplayer, I can see the UHD logo and it starts but then I constantly get an error 02100, check internet settings.
What sort of bandwidth is the UHD stream using?
I have read that UHD on Iplayer might need up to 40mbps.

I have well in excess of that and it still fails to play UHD content.

Netflix app works absolutley fine, just Iplayer when I have quality set to highest.

Mine is running off the wifi at top download speed of 50mb and seems fine (I always run the beta iplayer too) but at some point I should hook up the tv direct to the router with a cable....maybe later today but then I need to investigate how that will work with my mac plex server as thats only on wifi.....

Mine is running off the wifi at top download speed of 50mb and seems fine (I always run the beta iplayer too) but at some point I should hook up the tv direct to the router with a cable....maybe later today but then I need to investigate how that will work with my mac plex server as thats only on wifi.....
I know someone who has the same issue on a Samsung Qled smart tv from 2020, UHD content just does not work. I average around 50mbps down on this connection so I know it isn't bandwidth!

Yeah just checked and played fine - searched for UHD in the iplayer search field and then fired up one of the flagged UHD planet documentaries and it looked fantastic - I notice they also have a short clip to test it in the iplayer beta area - a football match which also looked great and played perfectly.
Perhaps reinstall the App ?

Not sure if I have a problem with the Tv or SkyQ box. Every so often the picture will freeze for a few seconds but the sound continues. This happens on recorded programs on SkyQ and live tv. I have also noticed on Netflix and this is on the Tv app not SkyQ! No pixelation of picture, it just freezes for a few seconds at random times. This has only started within the last few weeks. Tv perfect otherwise. Any ideas?

I've got a 55B9PLA. Overall very happy with it and have been using it with out the box settings for about a year. Having looked over some of this thread I've made a few adjustments so hopefully will be even better!

I have one issue. When watching football or ice hockey, particularly if it is on a streaming service, I find the ball / puck isn't clear. Its like it flickers in and out. Is there anything I can do about this or just an issue with the source (note: this are legal and office HD streams not anything dodgy!).

Yeah just checked and played fine - searched for UHD in the iplayer search field and then fired up one of the flagged UHD planet documentaries and it looked fantastic - I notice they also have a short clip to test it in the iplayer beta area - a football match which also looked great and played perfectly.
Perhaps reinstall the App ?
App has been reinstalled multiple times. TV has been reset
It plays the complete trailer then switches to the programme then 5 seconds later starts spinning before the 02100 error. so frustrating.

I dont know what to say bud it works absolutely fine for me - sorry about the sunlight !

@Kendo Nagasaki - I Have the very same problem as you. My B9 is a B9SLA and its not on the iPlayer supported devices list. Is yours a B9PLA?

Also, If I have subtitles engaged, some phrases pop up in quite a big typeface right before the error message.

Hopefully I'll get some response from LG within a couple of days. Keep you posted.

Best,J

@Kendo Nagasaki - I Have the very same problem as you. My B9 is a B9SLA and its not on the iPlayer supported devices list. Is yours a B9PLA?

Also, If I have subtitles engaged, some phrases pop up in quite a big typeface right before the error message.

Hopefully I'll get some response from LG within a couple of days. Keep you posted.

Best,J
Mine is a PLA. I haven't noticed anything in regards to subtitles.
I am on the latest Firmware.

Just to say... still no success at running 4k with the Xbox One X (not series X) with the OLED65B9PLA on latest firmware (5.00.10). I contacted LG and someone rang back and walked through all the stuff I'd already tried. His last suggestion was to borrow another 4k source. Not going to happen in present circumstances. My son (Xbox dev) says there are some mentions on the net of LG having screwed up the protocol at some point.

There is a new firmware for the B9 on the Korean LG site

from 01/27/2021

look forward to what has changed

There is a new firmware for the B9 on the Korean LG site

from 01/27/2021

look forward to what has changed
Thank you, I'll look for that. Does anyone know whether it is possible to roll back if I find the menus have turned Korean?

Actually, as I can't read Korean, does someone have a link to the firmware page please?
Edit: Never mind, using Translate in the Edge browser helps.

Last edited:
Hello,just got Series X and was wondering if anyone here can provide some recommended settings so that the games will looks as good as poosible on the B9.
Any help for this noob is appriciated :)
Oh and the message "The instant game response is launched" appear a lot on the screen, more than it did on the One X?
Everytime I switch from game to menu and vice versa,its a bit annoying.........
Id say either go with game mode since it looks just like standard mode, but added faster response, or cinema picture mode, as it is the most accurate, which will give the most realistic picture.

Not sure if I have a problem with the Tv or SkyQ box. Every so often the picture will freeze for a few seconds but the sound continues. This happens on recorded programs on SkyQ and live tv. I have also noticed on Netflix and this is on the Tv app not SkyQ! No pixelation of picture, it just freezes for a few seconds at random times. This has only started within the last few weeks. Tv perfect otherwise. Any ideas?

In tv settings check the following and switch off. Do them one at a time see if any help.

0) Turn your WiFi router off for 5 mins then back on. See if the issues go away. You’d be surprised how ISP supplied routers slow down over time and need a fresh start.

1) programmes > program tuning and settings > Program List Update

2) Connection > Mobile TV (make sure it’s OFF)

3) General > Additional Settings > Live Plus and Quick Start to off.

4) General > AI Service, turn both off.

kind regards

Rob

In tv settings check the following and switch off. Do them one at a time see if any help.

0) Turn your WiFi router off for 5 mins then back on. See if the issues go away. You’d be surprised how ISP supplied routers slow down over time and need a fresh start.

1) programmes > program tuning and settings > Program List Update

2) Connection > Mobile TV (make sure it’s OFF)

3) General > Additional Settings > Live Plus and Quick Start to off.

4) General > AI Service, turn both off.

kind regards

Rob
Thank you. I have made those changes, I hope these fix the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom