LG OLED B9 TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Hello,just got Series X and was wondering if anyone here can provide some recommended settings so that the games will looks as good as poosible on the B9.
Any help for this noob is appriciated :)
Oh and the message "The instant game response is launched" appear a lot on the screen, more than it did on the One X?
Everytime I switch from game to menu and vice versa,its a bit annoying.........

Last edited:
Ive tried his setting but I get no signal when I switch on 120hz. Only way I have got it to work is 4k @ 60hz.
have you updated to fw 5.00.xx ecc? if yes try this:
turn off your tv by pull off the power cable, wait about 15 min. replug your tv.
this wrks for me.
no probl with xsx @ 4k@120hz, vrr enabled, allm disabled ycc4.2.2 enabled. try with fifa 21, gears 5,, gears tactics, and many more.

Can anyone confirm which is best hdmi slot for the new consoles I’ve got a ps5 arriving on Thursday hopefully.

Can this TV do 120 BFI? I'm looking for something to replace my CRT.

turn off your tv by pull off the power cable, wait about 15 min. replug your tv.
this wrks for me.
no probl with xsx @ 4k@120hz, vrr enabled, allm disabled ycc4.2.2 enabled. try with fifa 21, gears 5,, gears tactics, and many more.
Tried it but not sure if it's working as the series x has decided to wants to crash on all the game I try. So no idea if it works on games. But works fine on menu.

Anyway trying to send my xbox back now as I can't do anything

this wrks for me.
Why would you enable ycc 4.2.2?

Worth a check but I think B9 is okay.

ok i check it.
xbsx setted at 4k 120hz:
fifa 21 4k@60hz
rdr2 4k@120hz
xbsx setted at 1440p 120hz:
fifa 21 automatically switch to 4k@60hz
rdr2 automatically switch to 4k 120hz

i'm so confused about this, vrr a part, i don't understand why if i set xbsx at 1440p the resolution still only in the dashboard, but is the game that decide the resolution and the frequency to work....

this means that the settings i select on xbsx has no effect in the game but only in the dashboard....
this sound so strange..

TV due back tomorrow following a new panel being fitted. Lets hope the new panel lasts longer than 3 months this time. Should be a fun day of setting everything back up again.

I’m having a strange problem with my tv using the series X and I’m not sure if the problem is with the Xbox or the tv but as I can’t find anyone else suffering the same problem I think it could be the tv at fault. If I set my Xbox to 4K 120 then all is well until I go to a app within the Xbox that changes the hz signal for example using the blu ray app will output 4K 24hz and using the Netflix app will output 4K 60hz once this happens all audio is lost and the only way to get the audio to work is to switch to another hdmi source and then go back to the Xbox. This issue is not present with the Xbox set to 60hz its as if the going from 120hz to 60hz or 24hz loses the audio signal but from 60 to 24 is fine I’ve tried different ultra high speed hdmi cables different hdmi ports factory reset the tv but the issue still persists, I’m picking a ps5 up tomorrow so will see if this issue is present on that as well, it’s a strange problem but if it’s doing the same on the ps5 I’d imagine there must be a fault with tv itself, I’ve tried this with the internal tv speakers and a soundbar with various sound output settings on the Xbox and it does it every time.

ok i check it.
xbsx setted at 4k 120hz:
fifa 21 4k@60hz
rdr2 4k@120hz
xbsx setted at 1440p 120hz:
fifa 21 automatically switch to 4k@60hz
rdr2 automatically switch to 4k 120hz

i'm so confused about this, vrr a part, i don't understand why if i set xbsx at 1440p the resolution still only in the dashboard, but is the game that decide the resolution and the frequency to work....

Hi!

New member in forums, but i read a lot of this thread when i bought my B9.

So with the last firmware 5.00.02 you can configure an XSX with all the options available?

I read a lot of things that, this only works with 5.00.03 but on LG site the last fw is .02

This is a little confusing, i´ll recieve my XSX this month and i want to be prepared for a perfect setup.

Cheers!

Hi!

New member in forums, but i read a lot of this thread when i bought my B9.

So with the last firmware 5.00.02 you can configure an XSX with all the options available?

I read a lot of things that, this only works with 5.00.03 but on LG site the last fw is .02

This is a little confusing, i´ll recieve my XSX this month and i want to be prepared for a perfect setup.

Cheers!
Yes you can. Got XSX. GOT 5.00.02. All boxes ticked.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom