LG OLED B9 TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Yes, stay with ISF Dark but set Gamma to 2.2, especially if you are not in a pitch black room.
If still shadows too dark, set brightness between 53-55, see what works. You may rise the absolute blacks but I find it more easy on the eyes. I also drop the contrast to 70 - 75 for dark room but that is personal preference not accurate white level / black level. Right now I have a setting for viewing when my eyes are tired with OLED Light - 23 / Contrast 70 / Brightness 57 / Gamma 2.2. But that is not accurate - just easy on the eyes.

I have three sets of settings that I use depending on room lighting or mood - one with OLED light 80 and the other default settings from "ISF Bright", another with the same settings but OLED Light at 60 and the dim one mentioned above for when my eyes are tired :)
How do you have three sets of settings? Is this on the same HDMI input? How do you switch between the three without having to input your changes? Thanks

Do any of you bother with any LG apps ? I generally find them poor quality compared to actually using the remote.:confused: I have tried the Fire TV one the Apple TV one and the less said about the Samsung one the better...

What is this on about, I don't get it?

How do you have three sets of settings? Is this on the same HDMI input? How do you switch between the three without having to input your changes? Thanks

I customized 3 picture modes (Techicolor Expert / ISF Bright / ISF Dark) with my own settings and I switch between them with a short press on the settings button - first menu item - Picture mode.
I have the same settings for apps (Netflix / YT / HBO) / LG Video Player (HDD) / HDMI Blu Ray

Anyone use the AppleTV app have a bright line at the bottom of videos sometimes and also watching Truth be Told every time i start and episode its stretched to full screen so i have to stop and start it again to get the correct ratio.

All the other apps run fine.

Ordered the 65" B9 off Richer Sounds a few weeks ago and still no delivery date yet. These seem to be vanishing quickly now and no sign of the BX anywhere.
I would be giving them a ring to find out the score, as if it hasn't arrived by now then I sense it never will :(

I just ordered a 4k player of Richer sounds that according to the website was there, but when everything else arrived but that, the Leeds branch did some digging and found out that it wasn't there. Can't fault RS as they cancelled the order and offered a refund or a deal on another model :smashin:

I meant does anyone use any LG apps on their tablet or phone to control their Tv ? As generally they’re not great quality - the Samsung one for my Q80R soundbar is absolute pants but the Fire Tv one is ok...they usually offer easier Access to “hidden” Settings on their respective devices.

With the recent eARC update does that mean every HDMI port on the TV is now eARC or just one particular one as mine arrives from JL today And I will be setting it up with a Q80R Atmos soundbar later today ..

With the recent eARC update does that mean every HDMI port on the TV is now eARC or just one particular one as mine arrives from JL today And I will be setting it up with a Q80R Atmos soundbar later today ..
There is only one eARC HDMI port on the TV as is normally the case. I haven't checked for the update yet but hopefully, it is to fix the issue that some people (including myself) have had with lip-sync issues when using the eARC port with a standard ARC soundbar port. With the Q80R soundbar, whilst I believe the ARC port is marked ARC, Samsung has released an update for the soundbar to make it an eARC port, so hopefully, you won't have any issues

I would be giving them a ring to find out the score, as if it hasn't arrived by now then I sense it never will :(

I just ordered a 4k player of Richer sounds that according to the website was there, but when everything else arrived but that, the Leeds branch did some digging and found out that it wasn't there. Can't fault RS as they cancelled the order and offered a refund or a deal on another model :smashin:

I spoke to them the other day and they assured me they will fulfil the order but the shipment is delayed in transit due to covid 19. I'll give them next week and then look to see if they can do any deals on a CX if not. Would cost quite a bit more but if I could wrangle them into getting one for around £2400 I might be tempted. I would like the B9 if possible though as I got that and the SL8YG sound bar for around 1800 and I use a Nvidia Shield TV Pro so the scaler doesn't worry me.

So which HDMI port on the LG tv will be eARC ?
It's normally HDMI 2, but it will be clearly marked on the back of the TV and it will also be shown in the instruction manual. All other HDMI devices you would usually plug into the soundbar instead. eARC may allow this to be changed, but you are getting out of my pay grade here :laugh:

Depending on how many extra devices you have, Playstation, Blu-ray player etc, plug them into the back of the Q80R with one HDMI lead going from the Q80R to the TV (eARC to eARC ports) and all will be good. If there aren't enough HDMI ports on the back of the Q80R then you are better of doing a new post in the soundbar forum where people can better advise. Welcome to the fun world of correctly setting everything up :laugh::)

Don't forget to go into the LG settings menu on the TV and make sure that eARC output is selected for sound along with Pass-through or you won't get Dolby Atmos etc

Edit
Your HDMI lead from the TV to Soundbar should have ethernet support as that is required for the E side of the eARC to work. eARC is still all very new to me to. :) It might still work without so try your lead 1st and see, but if there are issues then check that your HDMI lead supports it, there not much to buy if it doesn't.

Last edited:
I meant does anyone use any LG apps on their tablet or phone to control their Tv ? As generally they’re not great quality - the Samsung one for my Q80R soundbar is absolute pants but the Fire Tv one is ok...they usually offer easier Access to “hidden” Settings on their respective devices.

Okay, but it does not say "does anyone use any of the LG remote control apps to control their TV"
It comes over as does anyone use any LG apps i.e Netflix or Amazon or whatever, it is confusing is all.

Fair dos I knew my English degree was wasted ....anyway just about to start setting it up....

Last edited:
Recently bought an OLED55B9PLA & we are pleased with it. One thing which is annoying my wife is when the tv is powered up it randomly starts up with DTV or Virgin. Is there a setting somewhere to default the tv to start up with Virgin. It's plugged into HDMI1. I've had a look but couldn't find anything in the settings...

Recently bought an OLED55B9PLA & we are pleased with it. One thing which is annoying my wife is when the tv is powered up it randomly starts up with DTV or Virgin. Is there a setting somewhere to default the tv to start up with Virgin. It's plugged into HDMI1. I've had a look but couldn't find anything in the settings...

Turn off "Programme List Update". It's in Settings > Programmes > Programme Tuning & Settings

Can someone tell me please if all HDMI slots on the 55" B9 are eArc enabled or is it just 1 specific slot?

Last edited:
Well had it a day now and getting used to it :) I can’t see any way to remove an input from the input screen as added my fire tv but now I’m not using it as I’m using the built-in Prime and Netflix apps and I want to completely remove that input But I can’t see anything obvious in the device selector screen bar edit but not remove... also I’ve set up the magic remote to work With my Humax PVR and it will change channel etc but can’t find any button on the remote to access the EPG or recordings....
Other that that it’s just lovely and I really can’t believe how good it is.

My B9 goes to a black/ black screen for about 5 seconds not matter what is played apart from gaming, apple 4k Sky ect .has any one experienced this ????

Well watched some atmos stuff via the the Lg Prime app and it worked a treat - nice to see on The Q80R scrolling display too - sounded awesome. The Dolby app on the Lg App Store can demo it too if you don’t have Prone

Hello,

Joined the B9 owners club today after having serious issues with the Philips OLED 754 55” I have and Dolby Vision pictures from the Apple TV 4K.

Thankfully the LG doesn’t have the same issues 🤗

I accidentally upgraded to the 65” screen to.

It’s certainly a whopper!

Attachments

• EC10D6DD-DB24-4845-BF6E-A8235200C1DB.jpeg
    EC10D6DD-DB24-4845-BF6E-A8235200C1DB.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 119
Got mine today and setup. Still need to replace HDMI cables as noticed the odd drop out on earc audio for a second on atmos. Very happy with the picture quality and size and its so snappy compared to my usual budget end of the market.
20200727_225809.jpg

20200727_145054.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom