LG OLED B9 TV Owners and Discussion Thread

I went to the shop today to check their display LG OLEDs. B9 had exactly the same lag, C9 was slightly better, still more than 100mls. Just play some av sync video on youtube and record in slow-mo on your phone. You'll clearly see the lag. I've made the same test for arguments sake on my laptop and there's 0 lag, perfect sync. Given other threads here on reddit regarding this issue I believe this is WebOS problem. I guess people just don't care or are not bothered about it. Unfortunately I am. Deals for B9 are too good now, won't get anything OLED for this price. Just gonna use Shield or Apple TV. Still I'm at a loss how has that not been fixed yet. It's a constant delay, how hard is it implement video hold for 100 mls to sync it up.

Korean people make these. Their English not good. They prolly think it's just fine.

It isnt.

If you're gonna spend over a grand on a TV just get a couple of sticks. I have a fire stick, a cube and a Now TV stick.

These are HDMi so video is delayed. I find a perfect setting for Netflix etc. at between 5 and 8 in AV adjust. So it's quite doable.

And apparently the quality of the stream is better with external apps.

Just ignore the WebOS apps. Not worth the grief. Forget they exist.

I can have 3 different apps running together and just switch between them... good for comparisons. Internal apps take an age to switch between them, load and restart.

There are deffo numerous advantages to having multiple streaming devices. For instance, I can watch a nature doc on the screen but run the audio from a different app by using an HDMi hub with audio extractor via optical cable. This could be a radio programme from Sky or Tidal app on my Firestick.

Same audio sync problems here on my new B9 using ARC to my Yamaha AVR. It is worse in the webOS YouTube app, where it is pretty much unwatchable.

Same audio sync problems here on my new B9 using ARC to my Yamaha AVR. It is worse in the webOS YouTube app, where it is pretty much unwatchable.
Not surprising as I read about the issue on another site that was being feed by Apple tv and then on to a c9.

From what I can tell its all to do with the tv’s using an eARC instead of plain ARC. New technology new problems

Well after a ton of prevarication which caused me to miss out on a Q85/90R I have just bought a B9 from JL as I am a partner there so get a nice 12.5% discount :) Very happy bunny as going from a 15 year old Sony 40" Bravia to this to partner my recently bought Samsung Q80R soundbar :) Arrives Friday so will be spending most of Friday night "tweaking" - Any quick "life tips" you seasoned owners can give me....

Congrats, you won’t be disappointed.:)

Technicolour User is the most colour accurate picture setting but you might want to increase the oled brightness option if its too dark for you. I like a little bit of true motion as I’m sensitive to motion judder but others say turn it off. Personally choice as always. :smashin:

Congrats, you won’t be disappointed.:)

Technicolour User is the most colour accurate picture setting but you might want to increase the oled brightness option if its too dark for you. I like a little bit of true motion as I’m sensitive to motion judder but others say turn it off. Personally choice as always. :smashin:

Actually ISF Expert Dark Room is the most accurate setting but you may want to decrease the OLED Light to approx 52 ish as it's a tad too bright.

ISF Night OOB_LI (3).jpg

Top stuff, thanks for the correction :smashin:

Hi fellas,
could someone please help me,

I thinking of purchasing the B9 and paring it with the samsung HW Q800T soundbar. (both are going to be mounted to the wall and the samsung bar looks more pleasing than the LG)

my question is does the TV support Dolby amtos and DTX passthrough to the soundbar?

I was genuinely happy to be corrected :) Besides being reminded that I’m mortal and don’t know everything doesn’t do any harm from time to time:laugh:

my question is does the TV support Dolby amtos and DTX passthrough to the soundbar?
According to the manual it supports Dolby Atmos and as it is an eARC on the tv it should be capable of supporting dts x, whether it does though I have no idea.

This might be one were you are better off emailing LG:)

I was hoping someone here has a Dolby atom ect soundbar and confirm it for me?

That was polite :rotfl:, sorry wasn't being an arse, I rushed my post as VM was knocking ha ha.

And now you find out the reason for the politeness :laugh:

I’ve switch over to ISF expert dark mode and whilst the colours are excellent, its crushing too much shadow details (black and above black are one of the same). Is there any simple alterations i can make or is it time to get someone in to calibrate it?

And now you find out the reason for the politeness :laugh:

I’ve switch over to ISF expert dark mode and whilst the colours are excellent, its crushing too much shadow details (black and above black are one of the same). Is there any simple alterations i can make or is it time to get someone in to calibrate it?

Yes, stay with ISF Dark but set Gamma to 2.2, especially if you are not in a pitch black room.
If still shadows too dark, set brightness between 53-55, see what works. You may rise the absolute blacks but I find it more easy on the eyes. I also drop the contrast to 70 - 75 for dark room but that is personal preference not accurate white level / black level. Right now I have a setting for viewing when my eyes are tired with OLED Light - 23 / Contrast 70 / Brightness 57 / Gamma 2.2. But that is not accurate - just easy on the eyes.

I have three sets of settings that I use depending on room lighting or mood - one with OLED light 80 and the other default settings from "ISF Bright", another with the same settings but OLED Light at 60 and the dim one mentioned above for when my eyes are tired :)

Last edited:
Been in touch with LG re the cracking noise on my 55B9, and they only wanted me to take a video of it before they would send an engineer o_O
How on earth can they expect me to sit here all day with a video cam running when the cracking noises are so sporadic?
I suppose I could set up a tripod lol

What a load of tosh never heard anything like it.:censored:
I emailed Richer Sounds about this fiasco, and they are sending the cavalry to look at it.
Glad I went with them, they are brilliant with customer support IMO.
Pity Pioneer isn't around anymore, then LG can get stuffed

Yes, stay with ISF Dark but set Gamma to 2.2, especially if you are not in a pitch black room.
If still shadows too dark, set brightness between 53-55, see what works. You may rise the absolute blacks but I find it more easy on the eyes. I also drop the contrast to 70 - 75 for dark room but that is personal preference not accurate white level / black level. Right now I have a setting for viewing when my eyes are tired with OLED Light - 23 / Contrast 70 / Brightness 57 / Gamma 2.2. But that is not accurate - just easy on the eyes.

I have three sets of settings that I use depending on room lighting or mood - one with OLED light 80 and the other default settings from "ISF Bright", another with the same settings but OLED Light at 60 and the dim one mentioned above for when my eyes are tired :)
Brilliant reply, huge thanks :clap:
At the moment all I have done is switched to gamma 2.2 and drop the oled brightness to 55 and already things have vastly improved :)

I’ll have a play with the other thing you mentioned once I’ve given myself a bit more time to adjust as I want to try and keep things as accurate as possible whilst still be useable.

Huge thanks once again:smashin:

Brilliant reply, huge thanks :clap:
At the moment all I have done is switched to gamma 2.2 and drop the oled brightness to 55 and already things have vastly improved :)

I’ll have a play with the other thing you mentioned once I’ve given myself a bit more time to adjust as I want to try and keep things as accurate as possible whilst still be useable.

Huge thanks once again:smashin:

You're welcome, glad I could help :)

I have my first OLED arriving tomorrow. I’ve read quite a lot through this thread, and I know settings are down to the individual, but is there anything I shouldn’t do? Anything that may cause damage or increase the chances of burn in? Thank you.

Has anyone been able to connect an Echo speaker to their LG B9 and get sound through the Echo Speaker and LG B9. I've managed to set up a home theatre using the Alexa app and the Fire 4k Stick but the sound only comes through my Echo 2nd Gen speaker and not through the TV. Has anyone been able to get sound from the TV and a Echo speaker. Looks like a good set up if you can get it working but I've not had any success.

Do any of you bother with any LG apps ? I generally find them poor quality compared to actually using the remote. I have tried the Fire TV one the Apple TV one and the less said about the Samsung one the better...

Ordered the 65" B9 off Richer Sounds a few weeks ago and still no delivery date yet. These seem to be vanishing quickly now and no sign of the BX anywhere.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom