LG OLED B9 TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Did that work? My B8 does something similar, it's a bit hit and miss whether it picks up the Sky box.
We will see. I've changed two settings on the programme tuner bit.. Do the same maybe sitting it all off. Great to get this sorted

We will see. I've changed two settings on the programme tuner bit.. Do the same maybe sitting it all off. Great to get this sorted

I've just turned off the programme update in settings menu and still have the same issue. If I go into Netflix TV App and then exit, it stays in TV mode, rather than picking up the Sky Q box. It often defaults to TV when I turn on Sky box first thing in the morning. I then have to change the input to Sky manually using my AVR. It could be an issue related to the AVR of course, rather than the B8. No big deal though.

I'm using a canton dm75 soundbase via optical. No arc unfortunately using this setup. I got sick of Atmos bars
Have you switched the TV output over to optical then? It may still be on internal speaker.

I've just turned off the programme update in settings menu and still have the same issue. If I go into Netflix TV App and then exit, it stays in TV mode, rather than picking up the Sky Q box. It often defaults to TV when I turn on Sky box first thing in the morning. I then have to change the input to Sky manually using my AVR. It could be an issue related to the AVR of course, rather than the B8. No big deal though.
Works great now! No issues. Turn it on and bang it's on sky straight away. Nice one! Are you fixed too?

Hi. I have had one of these for 6 months its a great tv. Does anyone know if it does multiview or pip if so how do you do it?

anyone got the new Sonos Arc and SkyQ. Just wondering if there are any lip sync issues?

thanks.

Getting one of these on Monday, I have a Sonos beam which I will attach hdmi for sound but I also have a set of Sony surround sound headphones which I’ll have to connect via optical, does the optical do 5.1 as my old Samsung only did 2.0

Does any B9 owner have an eArc capible soundbar?
I'm having issues with the TV passing audio perfectly in Atmos and DTSX for most of the time, but it's then dropping out for a second or two about twice per movie (that is played on an LG UBK90 4K DVD player plugged into the TV).

I sent the TV to Currys for repair and they replaced the screen and main board. The issue is still the same.

Does any B9 owner have an eArc capible soundbar?
I'm having issues with the TV passing audio perfectly in Atmos and DTSX for most of the time, but it's then dropping out for a second or two about twice per movie (that is played on an LG UBK90 4K DVD player plugged into the TV).

I sent the TV to Currys for repair and they replaced the screen and main board. The issue is still the same.
Do you have skyq? Any lip sync issues?

loads of questions
1. anyone managed to get their Apple TV remote to work with the magic remote?
2. how can I switch off arc if I want to use Bluetooth headphones or use my optical out to another amp as it seems to switch back to hdmi arc even after selecting them manually.
3. does anyone mess with the Dolby vision settings or do you just leave them alone.

Last edited:
Well after having a number of Atmos soundbars I've actually gone back to a system i was using downstairs. Canton DM75. Class on its own and the b9 sits nicely on top of it. BUT I've just gone and forked out £140 on the Canton 2020 sub... WOW! This combination is only £550 now and for me it wipes the floor with any other bar combo and I'm including the atmos ones plus £1000. Sounds awesome and I'm buzzing to finally have a decent setup which is truly cinema like but without the surround speakers. Recommend this setup 100%
87A6F1E2-4484-4999-B70F-E079F6488911.jpeg
50966168-E924-4B63-BC87-A3DE4FB7899A.jpeg

DM76 available from RS for £399.

why does the Apple TV app not play Dolby vision, it just says hdr when it plays?

why does the Apple TV app not play Dolby vision, it just says hdr when it plays?
What content are you playing? Not everything is in Dolby Vision?

What content are you playing? Not everything is in Dolby Vision?
Your right mate, I thought one of my films was DV but it’s not it’s 4K HDR, problem solved. Thanks.

Does this TV play nice with the Sonos Arc?

I've just ordered the 55" B9 due to be delivered tomorrow! :D

Any top tips for set up? I'll be hooking it up to my Nvidia Shield Pro and Sony HT-ZF soundbar.

How do I best check my panel for calibration? RTings review unit was poorly celebrated out the box so it'd be good to check.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for my question but how likely do people here think the 55" B9 will be lower in price in the next few months, or during Black Friday?

Really excited to get this TV, and what with the new OLED models out soon I'm worrying about them becoming out of stock everywhere and being replaced with the higher priced new ones.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for my question but how likely do people here think the 55" B9 will be lower in price in the next few months, or during Black Friday?

Really excited to get this TV, and what with the new OLED models out soon I'm worrying about them becoming out of stock everywhere and being replaced with the higher priced new ones.

I checked back on the price history before making my purchase yesterday. I don't see them dropping too much more in price. There's been the occasional offer taking it just below £1000 but, for me, I didn't want to wait any longer as I've been holding off buying a TV for a while already. AO.com are doing 0% finance deal so when with that option but if you have the cash upfront the best deal I found currently is Costo for £969 I believe.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom