LG OLED B9 TV Owners and Discussion Thread

You can't switch into Dolby Vision, it will just go into that if the content is encoded with it, it is not a voluntary mode.

Just my LG B9, is there a recommended settings page for the TV on this site please?

Just my LG B9, is there a recommended settings page for the TV on this site please?
LG B9 OLED TV

Logo luminance... Low

ISFDark Room preset

Oled light 87
Contrast 88
Brightness 50
Sharpness 10
Colour 50
Tint 0

Expert controls
Dynamic contrast off
Super res off
Colour gamut - Auto (but extended is good too (Don't touch)
Gamma 2.2
White balance - warm 1
All other settings leave
Peak brightness Off

Noise reduction auto
Mpeg auto
Smooth gradation low
Black level low
Motion eye care off
Tru motion off

HDR

Standard setting but just turn off motion

Dolby vision
Just turn off motion

Hey Folks. My apologies if this was already asked but I am trying to get 1440p @ 120hz on my B9 via Xbox One X for Modern Warfare. However, 1440p is not listed as an option on 720p and 1080p @ 120hz and 4k @ 60hz on the XB1X menu. I am also not able to select VRR as it is greyed out on the xbox menu. Is there a setting on my B9 for this? Or is 1440p @120Hz only avail on PC via Gsync or something? I am using Samsung HW-Q80R Soundbar via HDMI Arc and brand new 8k cables. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Attachments

• 20200215_184854.jpg
    20200215_184854.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 91
  • 20200215_184840.jpg
    20200215_184840.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 96
Hey Folks. My apologies if this was already asked but I am trying to get 1440p @ 120hz on my B9 via Xbox One X for Modern Warfare. However, 1440p is not listed as an option on 720p and 1080p @ 120hz and 4k @ 60hz on the XB1X menu. I am also not able to select VRR as it is greyed out on the xbox menu. Is there a setting on my B9 for this? Or is 1440p @120Hz only avail on PC via Gsync or something? I am using Samsung HW-Q80R Soundbar via HDMI Arc and brand new 8k cables. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Hi i have an xb1x too.
I can paly at 1440p@120hz and 4k @60hz.
You have to select 1440p and 120hz, then enable vrr. It works for sure.
If you select 120hz 1440p resolution is automatical selected.
If doesn't works probably is a cable problem, do you have the original xbox cable?

Last edited:
Hi i have an xb1x too.
I can paly at 1440p@120hz and 4k @60hz.
You have to select 1440p and 120hz, then enable vrr. It works for sure.
If you select 120hz 1440p resolution is automatical selected.
If doesn't works probably is a cable problem, do you have the original xbox cable?
on call of duty? Did you have to do anything to enable it? I'll try the original cable but why would I still get 4k if cable issue? Hmmm....I'll try shortly

is not game related, from 4k resolution you have just to switch to 120hz and the resolution automatically turn in 1440p

LG B9 OLED TV

Logo luminance... Low

ISFDark Room preset

Oled light 87
Contrast 88
Brightness 50
Sharpness 10
Colour 50
Tint 0

Expert controls
Dynamic contrast off
Super res off
Colour gamut - Auto (but extended is good too (Don't touch)
Gamma 2.2
White balance - warm 1
All other settings leave
Peak brightness Off

Noise reduction auto
Mpeg auto
Smooth gradation low
Black level low
Motion eye care off
Tru motion off

HDR

Standard setting but just turn off motion

Dolby vision
Just turn off motion
I know your going to say something, buy why do you keep posting your settings, they will look wrong for anyone else but you, and they are to your taste and probably way off what is really correct, thank you.

I know your going to say something, buy why do you keep posting your settings, they will look wrong for anyone else but you, and they are to your taste and probably way off what is really correct, thank you.
Because people asked for some settings... Is's got absolutely nothing to do with you what I post on here. You always comment after my every post anyway.... Maybe scroll on next time...cheers

Because people asked for some settings... Is's got absolutely nothing to do with you what I post on here. You always comment after my every post anyway.... Maybe scroll on next time...cheers
You keep putting information like that and I will respond saying why it is wrong, cheers to you.

You keep putting information like that and I will respond saying why it is wrong, cheers to you.
Great. I'm all ears. Maybe tell me before bedtime....will help me sleep..Cheers 👌

I asked for settings to get an idea of what people are using, not necessarily set mine exactly the same. Personally I don't want the OLED light that high, but it gives me an idea of the range people are using.

Just gone bang!!
less than 60 days old and literally fizzled and banged this morning. Sound but no picture.
not sure where I stand but just took back to Currys and demanded a replacement not repair as it’s so new and wouldn't trust a repair.
i know I’m on dodgy ground legally though
ideas?
happened before to anyone?
cheers

There are 3 kinds of settings:

1. Calibrated by a professional.
If you want to know everything is displayed as it should, in the best possible way for your TV. You might not like them... but that's reference.

2. Factory.
Just stick with ISF modes if you like them, or start from here and do slight adjustments.

3. Your OWN liking.
Just go wild and dial anything until YOU like what you see. But be aware that if you go too wild you can shorten the life of your panel or make it more prone to burn-in.

There's no need to copy someone else's settings because they will probably not reflect what you like.

Just my 2c

Hi all looking at purchasing the B9, currently £1299. Do you think it may worry waiting for a price drop due to new tvs coming out soon, or is 1299 still a good price?

I've just picked up the 65' B9 for £1399 at Very with a 20% voucher for the conservatory. Happy with that.:smashin:

Hi all looking at purchasing the B9, currently £1299. Do you think it may worry waiting for a price drop due to new tvs coming out soon, or is 1299 still a good price?

They currently have a flash sale discount code for £200 off so it's only £1099. Currys Price Match says they'll match against valid discount codes.

Last edited:
After a good bit of trial and error I think I'm 90% happy with settings on my B9.
My only bit I'm left with that I need corrected is luminous yellow and dominant reds.
If someone is wearing a hi-vis jacket or the referee in football is wearing a yellow top its very luminous.
Red also seems quite strong. The rest are fine.
How could I reduce the luminous effect of yellow and the strong red without affecting other colours/settings?

After a good bit of trial and error I think I'm 90% happy with settings on my B9.
My only bit I'm left with that I need corrected is luminous yellow and dominant reds.
If someone is wearing a hi-vis jacket or the referee in football is wearing a yellow top its very luminous.
Red also seems quite strong. The rest are fine.
How could I reduce the luminous effect of yellow and the strong red without affecting other colours/settings?
Go into Colour Management Settings and alter them there.

The settings posted seem pretty good. Just got my b9 this week. Prices have dropped finally. Managed to get a JL match for 999, and Richer sounds now have it 1049 with code, definitely worth it. I've still got my 55sk8500, but now in the playroom! I'm still very impressed with the sk8500... but loving the oled.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom