LG OLED B9 TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Yes it's LED Local Dimming, which wasn't there before the update to the latest firmware, you said it WAS in the old firmware, and it was NOT, and besides that it did sod all, and it was not automatically dimming it, maybe I'm being pedantic as you said LED DIMMING not Led Local Dimming 🤷🏻‍♂️.

👍🏼 I’ve never seen it there as an option. It was the guy at LG who was convinced it was there.

👍🏼 I’ve never seen it there as an option. It was the guy at LG who was convinced it was there.

Just to clarify my answer, I would class Led Dimming as a global function, i.e it dim's all the screen equally, as separate entities, as to Led Local Dimming as it only dims parts of the screen as needed, I wasn't trying to be awkward and looking at what I put yesterday it may have come across as that and I apologise.

No worries pal.
Still stumped as to why the screen dims automatically every few minutes.
Don’t really fancy tinkering in the service menu.

What mode are you using?

Try Cinema or Technicolour Expert with the oled light up 80 or so and see if it is still happening, with all off unless you want some motion settings on to stop jerky panning.

Bit of a strange question.........

I go into the settings icon to get the setting up on screen with the little pointer/cursor showing (fine).
But after a little while the pointer disappears, how can I get it back whilst still in the middle of a menu setting?
I know I can use the arrows in the middle of the remote etc, but occasionally need the cursor for speed. :rolleyes:

Bit of a strange question.........

I go into the settings icon to get the setting up on screen with the little pointer/cursor showing (fine).
But after a little while the pointer disappears, how can I get it back whilst still in the middle of a menu setting?
I know I can use the arrows in the middle of the remote etc, but occasionally need the cursor for speed. :rolleyes:
If you move the wheel on the remote up or down the arrow will appear.

So what happened to the thread.....

"Why aren't AVForums or any reputable reviewers asking about burn in in their extensive interviews"?

Has it been closed?
I wanted to have a read through to see if any good replies.:)

Ha ha. That works to does it.
What about a hammer. 🤣

Not sure if anyone here can help me or not......
I have a PS3 and trying to get it to work on my B9 is turning out to be difficult.
I have posted on the PS3 forums, but thought i'd post here too as I'm impatient :rolleyes:

When trying to get in with password etc I get this message.

Quote......
The sign in ID or password is not correct
If 2-step verification is active you must enter a device setup password into (password) field.
check your mobile for txt message about Sony Entertainment Network account. :confused:

I have tried several passwords that I use to no avail unfortunately.
And I don't get any text's.

I realise it's probably a Sony problem, but thought one of you might know?
Thank you.

Yes, I realise that. I just thought someone here might have had the same or similar problem, and could advise me.
Thanks anyway.

OK, I've managed to get it sorted out.
Had to set up a new account with Sony, under my other email account. :)

I own a 65B9, but this apply to C9 too, as I saw the exact problem explained on Youtube on a C9. I have very bad artefacting with De-Judder activated at any value (I use 4), on any scene with a moving projected light on a surface (walls or objects lighted by flashlights, car headlights, bulbs, candles) the lighted surface is heavily distorted, looks like textures "liquify".
Slight movie spoilers ahead: You can try this in Netflix > "Lost in Space - S1 E4 - The Robinsons Were Here" - minute 36:30 - when the kids light the cave wall, or "IT Chapter Two" scenes with flashlights in basement scene.

I know it and experienced it - motion interpolation is not the best with LG, but this level of distortion and artefacting is not acceptable, LG should do something about it. I also had a Sony 65XF9005 and an older Samsung 55D6000 and both had much better motion interpolation.

Please don't tell me "I should turn it OFF anyway" because this is not a discussion about pros and cons of motion interpolation but about how bad it is with LG...

Last edited:
I own a 65B9, but this apply to C9 too, as I saw the exact problem explained on Youtube on a C9. I have very bad artefacting with De-Judder activated at any value (I use 4), on any scene with a moving projected light on a surface (walls or objects lighted by flashlights, car headlights, bulbs, candles) the lighted surface is heavily distorted, looks like textures "liquify".
Slight spoilers ahead: You can try this in Netflix > "Lost in Space - S1 E4 - The Robinsons Were Here" - minute 36:30 - when the kids light the cave wall, or "IT Chapter Two" scenes with flashlights in basement scene.

I know it and experienced it - motion interpolation is not the best with LG, but this level of distortion and artefacting is not acceptable, LG should do something about it. I also had a Sony 65XF9005 and an older Samsung 55D6000 and both had much better motion interpolation.

Please don't tell me "I should turn it OFF anyway" because this is not a discussion about pros and cons of motion interpolation but about how bad it is with LG...

just try it with my B9, with the lost in space scene.
Like you said, de-judder create artifacts at the value of 2 or higher. I set de-judder to 1 and de blur to 5 and the artifacts disappear. (at least for my eyes)

I really am struggling with the best settings for this tv . I’m very confused with hdr and sdr. When I’m watching virgin on my v6 box what would my setting be?

Hi All, picked up my 65 b9 tonight, all set up and nicely working well with my marantz nr1509, xbox, tivo vg and hue sync box. The back is perfect for attaching the light strip

Attachments

• 15805979009214085667630256046387.jpg
    15805979009214085667630256046387.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 146

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom