LG OLED B9 TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Ha...Yeah they sure Are heavy :D
If I'm honest, probably the main reason I didn't mount it

What Bracket did you use then please?

thanks for the info.
Getting the TV tomorrow, but haven't sold my Kuro yet.
Will have to store it in the bedroom until I do sell it soon, hopefully :)

Erm, another question.......
is there a One connection box, like the Samsung one, available for this TV?
Or has anyone here just fitted an HDMI switch box?
If so, could you recommend please?

Last edited:
Another question about the sound (Tv speakers). Not exactly sure what the Ai sound does - afaik it adjusts setting based on what the tv thinks the content is.
The issue I’ve got is any time music is played it goes really loud. All sounds good but its like its trying to wow us in the dramatic bits

Hi - I bought a 65'' B9 for £1549 which will be arriving next week - very excited!

I have been trying to find out exactly what method is best to play local 4K HDR files (not streaming them) - am I right in thinking that simply plugging in a powered external drive will work fine?

Last edited:
Hi - I bought a 65'' B9 for £1549 which will be arriving next week - very excited!

I have been trying to find out exactly what method is best to play local 4K HDR files (not streaming them) - am I right in thinking that simply plugging in a powered external drive will work fine?

Not sure on powered, I use a none powered external USB HDD and it works just fine, can't see why an externally powered one wouldn't work.

OK, so my 55B9 has arrived.
not unpacked yet though, until I shift my Kuro.

Does the B9 have Bluetooth?
I can't find out in the instruction's on-line, and haven't opened the box yet?

Great, thanks.

Edit...Meant to ask...
Does a Bluetooth device just marry up with the B9 automatically?

Last edited:
Just got a B9 at £1099 for use with my Gaming PC & PS4. I was thinking of the C9 but the stand is just too long without me having to buy a new cabinet and not wall mounting this.

Looks fantastic at 1440p 120Hz gaming with my i7/1080Ti. Prefering it to 4K at 60Hz.

I was hoping to use G-Sync but not enabled for 1080Ti. Will wait for 3080 Ti to be released as I'd imagine that will have HDMI 2.1 and handle 4K at 120Hz (I hope).

Hi all

Been watching this thread with interest. Seems like most people are happy with the B9. I looked at the Samsung RU7400 and then decided to get the Samsung Q70... that was until I spotted the 55" B9 in John Lewis today.

I haven't purchased yet but I'm severely tempted. The only thing putting me off is I don't have any 4k content at the moment (regular PS4, not Pro, and no Amazon/Netflix subscription). Feels a bit like buying a 200mph sports car when you only have 30mph roads to drive on.

Hi All,
I am getting one of these tomorrow, does anyone on here use it for Freesat? if so how the recording compare to a STB...ie Humax box?....cheers
just in case this hasn't been answered, been though this myself as my previous LG860V has this feature but had massive dropouts during recordings.
So it works well on the B9, but be careful what you record on. I tried 2 good quality USB sticks and it kept stopping or missing recordings. Then switched to a powers USB 1TB WD drive, and since then no issues at all. Quality is as good as original transmission.

So from the post's, I assume I can use my Humax 1TB Freeasat box to record as usual?

So from the post's, I assume I can use my Humax 1TB Freeasat box to record as usual?
don't see why not. I only wanted to go down the USB stick route as I wanted to limit the number of boxes plugged in, so ditched my BT PVR box. However, in the end I needed to use a powered HD anyway, so wasn't much better off ! I only wanted to recorded ITV/CH4, so I could skip through the adverts.

don't see why not. I only wanted to go down the USB stick route as I wanted to limit the number of boxes plugged in, so ditched my BT PVR box. However, in the end I needed to use a powered HD anyway, so wasn't much better off ! I only wanted to recorded ITV/CH4, so I could skip through the adverts.
Yeah those blessed adverts.
The missus and I usually record those channels too if there's something worth watching :)

Could always get one of these I suppose :D..............

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Sorry I'm posting so much guys.
I haven't unpacked it yet and getting excited to.
I noticed in the blurb that it has Dolby Atmos Sound.
I purchased a Denon sound bar & woofer with the TV.
Did I really need to?

Yeah, I use a soundbar and sub for films. The sound is decent for a TV, certainly good enough for normal telly but it's no replacement for a proper sound system.

Thanks guys, that's reassuring i don't have to sell my new s/bar & sub.:smashin:

Hello,

So I am a new owner of LG OLED B9, after initially buying a Philips 854 which really dissapointed me (bad motion handling, colours not accurate) and I am really glad with my decision, it is a great television. My only issue now is with the sound i would really like to accomodate a soundbar but I cannot find a way to do it right. The issue is that LG has a distance of only 3-4 cm from ground to oled panel so any soundbar that i would place in front of the TV will take away the viewing in the bottom area. I cannot place the tv on a wall mount because my wall cannot sustain that weight. The only way I see it is to raise somehow the tv higher (which makes it easier to fall and seems risky) or to buy a sound system without soundbar ( the only one that i found is JBL Party Box 300). Does any of you had this issue and could you help me with some advices here?

Thanks!

Yeah I too thought the foot is too big. But I CAN mount on the brick wall, so that might be the way I'll go.
Is your wall plasterboard then?

Yeah I too thought the foot is too big. But I CAN mount on the brick wall, so that might be the way I'll go.
Is your wall plasterboard then?

Yes that is my issue and it would mean to reposition all my furniture around the room to place it on a solid wall which seems to big of a hassle.

I used to be a Central heating installer, and have fitted Radiators that ar far heavier than our TV's to plasterboard walls.
You either have to have the correct fittings or screw a wooden board between the joists.
hope that might help?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom