LG OLED B9 TV Owners and Discussion Thread

In case anyone weren't aware LG has confirmed the the maximum resolution supported for HDR is 4K 60Hz on the B9. The Alpha 7 gen 2 chipset does not support HDR at 4K 120Hz only in SDR 4K 120Hz.

This applies to only high end gaming like on a PC or possible next gen console if they do 4K 120hz HDR over HDMI 2.1, you still get 4K 60Hz HDR out.

Limitation does not apply to the C9/E9/Z9.

Vincent Teoh added this comment to the bottom his YouTube review for the B9.

"Despite rumours to the contrary, LG engineers have verbally informed us that the B9 is capable of 4K@120Hz in HDR (especially important for gamers). However, due to the lack of true HDMI 2.1 sources at the moment, there is no way we could verify their claim."

Sounds like it'll be able to do 4K 120hz HDR after all.

Last edited:
This was my gray scale test , is it good or should I be worried
What's your settings? Strange it's brighter at the bottom...
My settings are perfect in my eyes..Nice deep contrast and a bit of pop. Zero issues with my set...fourth time lucky eh

ISF Bright Room preset

Oled light 87
Contrast 87
Brightness 50
Sharpness 10
Colour 50
Tint 0

Expert controls
Dynamic contrast off
Super res off
Colour gamut - extended (Don't touch)
Gamma 2.2
White balance - warm 1
All other settings leave
Peak brightness Off

Noise reduction low
Mpeg low
Smoothness low
Black level low
Motion eye care off
Tru motion off

This worked for me bud. Thanks :smashin:

Good stuff, well I suppose the spanking new HDMI Cable will do 4k 120HZ for when anything uses it :laugh:, sorry I just was skim reading and could have saved you some money if I was taking proper notice of what your post said ha-ha.

Good stuff, well I suppose the spanking new HDMI Cable will do 4k 120HZ for when anything uses it :laugh:, sorry I just was skim reading and could have saved you some money if I was taking proper notice of what your post said ha-ha.
I picked up a 8k certified cable as its 2.1 certified

I sent the cables back this morning anyway. They have a raise part which looks like it locks the HDMI cable into place and might be problematic removing from devices. I didn't take a the chance plugging them in!

If anyone has any more recommendations for cables that would be great.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Just ordered a 55" B9 after the price reduction to £1299. Was trying to hold out until Black Friday for maximum cheapness but I've wanted an OLED for a while and couldn't help myself.

Shame you didn't.
I have just purchased one from Richer sounds for £999. ....Sorry if I'm being smug
Haven't got it yet though, so hope I haven't made a mistake

Shame you didn't.
I have just purchased one from Richer sounds for £999. ....Sorry if I'm being smug
Haven't got it yet though, so hope I haven't made a mistake
I'd pay 200 more for the C9 in hindsight.

I'd pay 200 more for the C9 in hindsight.

Unfortunaelly I was stuck on a budget this time.
I was actually going for the Samsung QE49Q70R which is £799 today, until the rep sold me the LG instead. :D

I did alright, I got £125 back and I’ve enjoyed the TV for a couple of months. It’s a bargain at it’s current price.

Cannot get my head round attaching the cable management piece ! There’s no hole in the stand to push it into ?

You need to mount first, at the back of the tv, the lid for the tv stand. Then you insert the cable management piece in that lid.

You need to mount first, at the back of the tv, the lid for the tv stand. Then you insert the cable management piece in that lid.

Sorry lid for the tv stand ? It’s sat on the stand and the instruction show you pushing it into the middle

There is a rectangular plastic cover to clip onto where the stand screws into the TV. Makes the back of the TV completely flush. As Moshu says, The cable management clips to this plastic rectangle.

There is a rectangular plastic cover to clip onto where the stand screws into the TV. Makes the back of the TV completely flush. As Moshu says, The cable management clips to this plastic rectangle.

Oh god I’m thick, I ignored that extra piece I thought it was an alternative for instead of the stand when you walk mount it

Can anyone recommend a Wall mounting plate for this?
Sorry, I haven't read right through this thread yet.

Can anyone recommend a Wall mounting plate for this?
Sorry, I haven't read right through this thread yet.
Have you got a TV wall mounted already? I'm asking as I just used the one I had up already and all I had to do was change the bolts that attached the arms to the set from M8 to M6 ones.

Have you got a TV wall mounted already? I'm asking as I just used the one I had up already and all I had to do was change the bolts that attached the arms to the set from M8 to M6 ones.
No I've never mounted my TV, pioneer 5090, its too heavy, and content to stand it on the TV stand I've got. 😊
I was asking because the LGOled B9 is rather thin mostly, and assume a mount would be specific to the bottom of it... Yes/no?

What I had my Pioneer KRP wall mounted for 6 years, heavy as stink too, it never fell off lol, nothing specific mount wise, like I said my KRP one is now on my B9, I had to lower the bracket though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom