LG OLED B9 Owners and Discussion Thread

cressy75

Standard Member
I have had that issue with the fuzzy line. It appeared on both the the Series X and the PS5. I'd read somewhere that other people were having the same issue and one person had fixed it by unplugging their TV for a short amount of time. So I unplugged my TV from the socket and left it for half an hour and when I plugged it back in the issue was gone. I've read that some people have had it return but it hasn't happened on mine yet.

ianreid2

Novice Member
My OLED55B9PLA was working fine, got up this morning & turned it on, within a minute or 2 the volume started increasing by itself until it hit 100. I am using it on internal speakers. I've powered it down for 10 minutes & removed/replaced the batteries in the remote. It's only 7-8 months old, any ideas anyone?

I have discovered that the issue I'm having with near black scenes flashing happens when I have VRR enabled on my Xbox Series X at 4k 120hz. Disable VRR and the issue disappears.
It's vrr flicker nothing you can do besides dropping to 60 nigh on eliminates it or turn off VRR

V1mFuego2

Novice Member
No problems with the PS5 maybe my Series X has a fault because I can’t find anyone else reporting this problem
It was mentioned a few months ago, all launch Xbox X and S have a faulty HDMI chip. It's not firmware patchable either. Microsoft downplayed it, but also mentioned new units late 2021 with a new hmdi chip rev that fixes it.

shagaboopon

I have had that issue with the fuzzy line. It appeared on both the the Series X and the PS5. I'd read somewhere that other people were having the same issue and one person had fixed it by unplugging their TV for a short amount of time. So I unplugged my TV from the socket and left it for half an hour and when I plugged it back in the issue was gone. I've read that some people have had it return but it hasn't happened on mine yet.
I had that and it went one day after leaving the TV off all night and then came back worse the next day before eventually the screen would flicker a split second and not power on and it needed a new screen when repaired. I suspect you'll find this is a screen fault eventually and will be terminal.

For clarity this is a vertical line that runs the full height of the screen and can actually be composed of one or more columns which can be spaced unevenly and in different colours from White to green.

It was mentioned a few months ago, all launch Xbox X and S have a faulty HDMI chip. It's not firmware patchable either. Microsoft downplayed it, but also mentioned new units late 2021 with a new hmdi chip rev that fixes it.

Where have you seen that late 2021 units have a revision??? The fact you s some of the affected devices have been patched shows it can be fixed

Mr collins

Standard Member

The issue I was having was fixed in the latest Xbox update so it’s definitely not a hardware issue!!

McGherkin

I have to say, having finally got my hands on a HDMI 2.1 graphics card.... I'm so happy I went for the B9. Finally being able to game at 4k, 120hz, with 12 bit HDR, and G-sync all together... awesome.

By the way, if anyone is having issues enabling G-sync at 4k60 or higher, enabling 4k120 at all, enabling 4k60 with anything higher than 8 bit colour - It's your cable. I had a 'certified' one but it was still not good enough, ultimately bit the bullet for a Belkin one (4K Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 Cable – 4K HDR | Belkin - You don't need the 8k £60 one) and all is well.

elrafar

Novice Member
Hello everyone... I’m having serious problems on my LG b9 oled and the Apple TV app

i have no sync with subtitles, Apple TV + shows have a lot of problems loading, crashes mid episode, something that don’t happen with purchased movies.

also have random lock ups only with Apple TV + shows or movies

already tryed to reset the app and the tv... nothing helps

LG OLEDB9

Firmware 5.00.15

chomtamp

Novice Member
I have similar problems with the Apple app. Now I cast to the TV using the app on my phone or ipad. Works fine using that method. Not sure if that's an option for you? If not then I think you'd need to wait for it to be fixed via a patch.

elrafar

Novice Member
I have similar problems with the Apple app. Now I cast to the TV using the app on my phone or ipad. Works fine using that method. Not sure if that's an option for you? If not then I think you'd need to wait for it to be fixed via a patch.
Hi! I use it to other apps but have not tested for the Apple TV app... does it retain 4K Dolby vision? Or is an airplay 1080p stream?

elrafar

Novice Member
I will try as soon as I get home...

But Apple needs to fix this app... all other streaming apps works just fine.

i’ve tryed to post on their community forums, but all I got was restart and reset help...

mrstruders

Hey anyone who’s got a service remote it is possible to turn off the annoying instant game response logo that flashes up all the time it’s driving me insane ?????

kavie87

Anyone here have issues outputting LPMC via eARC. Have a Q950T that had a new update but any content that is LPMC is being converted to stereo and in surround. Running 5.00.15...

NickSem

Novice Member
Update on my Xbox One X 4K issue. My younger son (who is in our Covid bubble) has just bought an OLED55BX so I took my Xbox One X round there this morning. The Xbox One X does 4K fine with that so it's not the Xbox. I'm still baffled by the fact that some of you have the same set-up and it works. Time for factory reset again now that we've verified the Xbox One X and HDMI cable..

spinoir

Update on my Xbox One X 4K issue. My younger son (who is in our Covid bubble) has just bought an OLED55BX so I took my Xbox One X round there this morning. The Xbox One X does 4K fine with that so it's not the Xbox. I'm still baffled by the fact that some of you have the same set-up and it works. Time for factory reset again now that we've verified the Xbox One X and HDMI cable..
You got HDMI deep colour turned on right?

spinoir

Thanks, yes. Actually the TV set it automatically but I double checked.
Thats weird. Had to turn mine on manually. I assume you tried the other hdmi ports? Maybe try turning on Deep colour for every hdmi port even though you aren't using them then try each port again whilst they are all active.

NickSem

Novice Member
Thats weird. Had to turn mine on manually. I assume you tried the other hdmi ports? Maybe try turning on Deep colour for every hdmi port even though you aren't using them then try each port again whilst they are all active.
Yes, I've tried. Just hoping I can persuade my son to bring his PS5 to supper tomorrow and if, as I expect, the TV doesn't recognise it I'll log a call with Curry's and try for a replacement main board.

NickSem

Novice Member
Damn. My son's PS5 does 4k fine on my B9. My Xbox One X does 4K fine on his BX. So neither device will be accepted as being "faulty" but they won't do 4k together. And yet they do for other people. I'll comb through the diagnostics screens for a clue but I doubt it will help.
Update: The only thing I can glean is that the HDCP 2.2 shows "FAIL" but I think we knew that.
XboxOne_X_2A.jpg
Whereas the PS5 is happy as Larry:
PS5_Ba.jpg

Last edited:

spinoir

Damn. My son's PS5 does 4k fine on my B9. My Xbox One X does 4K fine on his BX. So neither device will be accepted as being "faulty" but they won't do 4k together. And yet they do for other people. I'll comb through the diagnostics screens for a clue but I doubt it will help.
Update: The only thing I can glean is that the HDCP 2.2 shows "FAIL" but I think we knew that.
View attachment 1495295 Whereas the PS5 is happy as Larry:
View attachment 1495297
So as the Ps5 worked on port 2, did you try the Xbox on port 2 as the info screen says port 3?

What happens when you try to force the Xbox resolution to 4K?

In Video Fidelity & Overscan section of Xbox do you have it set to HDMI or Auto (Override)?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Trinnov Audio announces Crestron Home driver
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Rotel announces upgrades to 14 and 15 Series amplifiers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods