LG OLED B9 Owners and Discussion Thread

Mr collins

Standard Member
I’m having a strange problem with my tv using the series X and I’m not sure if the problem is with the Xbox or the tv but as I can’t find anyone else suffering the same problem I think it could be the tv at fault. If I set my Xbox to 4K 120 then all is well until I go to a app within the Xbox that changes the hz signal for example using the blu ray app will output 4K 24hz and using the Netflix app will output 4K 60hz once this happens all audio is lost and the only way to get the audio to work is to switch to another hdmi source and then go back to the Xbox. This issue is not present with the Xbox set to 60hz its as if the going from 120hz to 60hz or 24hz loses the audio signal but from 60 to 24 is fine I’ve tried different ultra high speed hdmi cables different hdmi ports factory reset the tv but the issue still persists, I’m picking a ps5 up tomorrow so will see if this issue is present on that as well, it’s a strange problem but if it’s doing the same on the ps5 I’d imagine there must be a fault with tv itself, I’ve tried this with the internal tv speakers and a soundbar with various sound output settings on the Xbox and it does it every time.

No problems with the PS5 maybe my Series X has a fault because I can’t find anyone else reporting this problem

killabyte

Anyone have the home menu always appearing after switching the TV on? Only started to happen after updating to the latest firmware update. I have the press the back button to get rid of it. It's a big annoying...

dioz

Standard Member
Anyone have the home menu always appearing after switching the TV on? Only started to happen after updating to the latest firmware update. I have the press the back button to get rid of it. It's a big annoying...

Do the following

Settings > General > Additional Settings > Home Settings > turn off home auto launch

spinoir

So I downloaded the most recent firmware 5.00.02 on a while ago, but I noticed the date has now changed on the LG website. The firmware I downloaded was dated 4th of Nov but now i see the date has changed to 13th of Nov? was there a problem with the earlier upload? Is there a way to downgrade the tv firmware so I can update it again?

shifty360

Standard Member
Had this TV for a few months now and it is by far the best TV I have owned.

One slight problem, noticed it while playing CoD on the PS5. When the screen goes to a uniformly dark colour, I can see some vertical banding (which I know can be common) but I also see areas of the screen being much brighter while others are much darker.

I am within my 1 year warranty and I have an extended warranty also, question is do I contact them?

Eegit

Standard Member
Had this TV for a few months now and it is by far the best TV I have owned.

One slight problem, noticed it while playing CoD on the PS5. When the screen goes to a uniformly dark colour, I can see some vertical banding (which I know can be common) but I also see areas of the screen being much brighter while others are much darker.

I am within my 1 year warranty and I have an extended warranty also, question is do I contact them?
I think this is s problem with tray tracing on cod, of you have ready tracing on turn it off. This should get patched soon apparently.

shifty360

Standard Member
I think this is s problem with tray tracing on cod, of you have ready tracing on turn it off. This should get patched soon apparently.

The effect on a blank screen is like early OLED screens with the blotchiness you could see. Its not while in game so to speak but on a loading screen which will just be blank grey with a small symbol in the corner.

shagaboopon

Good to hear, I had a home visit and the engineer replaced the main board. Unfortunately the panel just went black again , so I'll need to contact LG again.

Hope you got sorted soon, the service is very poor. Thankfully once with my local repairer things went far smoother.

SDK2020

Novice Member
I'm using this TV for PC & PS5 Gaming and it's amazing - 4k120 with HDR and Gsync working :)

Do the following

Settings > General > Additional Settings > Home Settings > turn off home auto launch
Thanks - that pop-up bar was getting really annoying :smashin:

Eegit

Standard Member
The effect on a blank screen is like early OLED screens with the blotchiness you could see. Its not while in game so to speak but on a loading screen which will just be blank grey with a small symbol in the corner.
Did you run the Xbox HDR calibration tool?

Quick question . When turning on my Xbox One the no signal message stays on screen and I have to take out HDMI and put it back in. Anyone else had this issue?

shagaboopon

Quick question . When turning on my Xbox One the no signal message stays on screen and I have to take out HDMI and put it back in. Anyone else had this issue?

I had that issue for the first time today although power cycling the TV seemed to fix it. I did wonder if it was due to having 120Hz enabled as I had no issues the first week running at 60Hz. I also had Valhalla open though and it could have been a quick resume issue I guess too, not like its the most bug free game.

RickRock

There is a menu you can access by tapping "1" four times on "Programme Tunning and settings" but I'm not sure if that has VRR info.
yes there is. on the main service menu higlights and select hdmi, you can see all details

Mr collins

Standard Member
Anyone else with a Xbox series x and b9 having a problem with no sound on the media apps when the Xbox is set to 4K 120? It’s a strange issue and not sure if it’s just me or maybe a fault with my tv or Xbox?

Chekoloco

I recieved my XSX, everything works fine, the only issue i saw very times is when i shut down my console my TV pops a white brilliant screen like a flash. Every time i shut down i saw that "white flash", anyone else?

YYDeckard

Is there any advantage to playing 4K HDR off a separate device ? I have transferred some files to my memory stick / sd card and they play fantastically through the built-in player albeit with the occasional "will not play audio" warning which it then still plays fine - Is there any advantage in buying something like a Shield or apple or fire tv to do the same with ?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

KEF announces KC62 subwoofer with new Uni-Core technology
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 20th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix passes 200 million subscribers to end 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces soundBuds2 in-ear headphones
  • By Andy Bassett