LG OLED B8 Pixel Abnormality Query

jackporter11

Novice Member
Hi,

I received my LG OLED55B8SLC from John Lewis on Saturday and noticed the following pixel abnormality to the top right of the panel. (See attached image).

I believe it is a stuck pixel due to being green and red rather than solid black as usually seen with a dead pixel. Although it is only noticeable up close and typically on a white background. Does anyone have a different opinion on the issue?

I have tried running multiple pixel refreshes as advised by LG and displayed videos on YouTube to rapidly stimulate the display, however it is still visible.
IMG_20190310_124036.jpg

Kind Regards,
Jack

jackporter11

Novice Member
Have contacted John Lewis for a replacement and they have agreed to send one. Hopefully no issues with the next display.

Flame89

Having 0 pixel faults on such large displays with that many pixels is rare. I would much rather focus on screen uniformity (vertical banding but even more tinting) than a fault pixel which you will never see under any normal viewing condition.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom