LG oled b6 showing grey horizontal bars

PSAMUEL

Standard Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately my 2017 LG oled b6 55 is now showing horizontal grey bars across the bottom and middle of the screen
Disappointing
Contacted LG repair service today , awaiting their response
Difficult to consider spending another £1500 when a tv may only last 5 years before degredation
Just out of warranty as well

Attachments

• 15DAE11D-D14D-48E6-AFAF-3A5D2FA743DE.jpeg
    15DAE11D-D14D-48E6-AFAF-3A5D2FA743DE.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 194
That might be premature/uneven pixel wear (aka 'screen burn') - the strip at the bottom might be from a scrolling Sky News or BBC News banner ?

Have a run through with these slides and see if any aren't uniform. The red pixels are usually the first to go on OLEDs of that age, so pay particular attention to the red slides. Yellow slides might also be affected, because the TV mixes red and green together to make yellow. A lack of red will give green patches on a yellow slide.

If it is 'screen burn' then this isn't usually technically covered by any kind of warranty anyway, however some retailers are more sympathetic than others. LG have been known to replace screens for a one-off, reduced price of around £250, but just bear in mind that this would probably only buy you another 5 years max (before the same thing happens again) unless you were willing to change your viewing habits to reduce the risk (which essentially means avoiding watching the news and doing any other activities that caused the current uneven wear !)

LG have been in touch and suggested a yellow background , as can be seen significant burn
They have agreed to a replacement panel at £250
They have suggested they do not have many panels left , so I have booked the tv in.

Attachments

• 5739ACC2-02CF-4565-AEB9-2C80E389F91F.jpeg
    5739ACC2-02CF-4565-AEB9-2C80E389F91F.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 173
  • 7E94B8FC-6E3A-4E3A-8EEF-074DCDF57DEB.jpeg
    7E94B8FC-6E3A-4E3A-8EEF-074DCDF57DEB.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 173
Hi, I have very similar issues on my B6 65”. Can you share the contact details for the LG department that agreed a repair for £250, as I’d be very keen to get that done.
Thanks.

hi
0344 847 5454
Tv being collected today, i did receive another call from LG CS saying they were out of panels, they were un aware that i had already booked in the tv.
They will ask you to take photos of a yellow colour test which is on you tube to verify.

Collection due today, driver states he does not have packaging, Contacted CS of LG and they state there are no panels left for a repair, despite me paying £250 and LG placing that stock as a repair for my TV.
You could not make it up
Now left with £1500 of junk

Collection due today, driver states he does not have packaging, Contacted CS of LG and they state there are no panels left for a repair, despite me paying £250 and LG placing that stock as a repair for my TV.
You could not make it up
Now left with £1500 of junk
So this afternoon LG rang and there are panels available , hundreds
The CS rep was not aware there are diff panels available for each tv
Getting picked up in new year now

I have the same issue with my LG OLED, I'm thinking of ditching the OLED and LG too, but not sure what to go with. John Lewis were a nightmare with the experience. I knew they would not cover it but they assured me it was covered then on day of pick up they came saw the TV and said no definitely not covered. Weirdos

I have the same issue with my LG OLED, I'm thinking of ditching the OLED and LG too, but not sure what to go with. John Lewis were a nightmare with the experience. I knew they would not cover it but they assured me it was covered then on day of pick up they came saw the TV and said no definitely not covered. Weirdos
Based on what has been reported far, I would try push back JL, if it is still within the 5 year warranty period. You might get lucky.

Based on what has been reported far, I would try push back JL, if it is still within the 5 year warranty period. You might get lucky.
We tried and we made a complaint and were given a response to not bother them again :) so now it's just a matter of deciding do i bother with newer OLED panels and do i stick with LG or try one of the other brands that still use LG panels lol :)

Ours is a B7 so we could do with an upgrade, still i can't help but feel cheated, TVs should last longer even if they are OLED.

I completely agree with you and I would have threatened with small claims court for selling a TV that is not fit for purpose.

I understand it is a hassle. I think LG does panel swap as well for 200 or 250 quid. But, I understand if you do not want to go down that route.

Having read your other post (I found it :laugh: BTW) , considering how much you game, I would at least consider a try of a higher end last year's QLED. Why risk the burn in? And either you enjoy the QLED burn in risk free or you come back to for a another try at a relationship with OLED, knowing there is nothing better out there for your budget.

I don't game that often, during 2022 only did about 150 hours on the PS5. the rest is on the PC so that's away from the TV.

Had almost exactly the same issue - same bars, same place.

Emailed Richer Sounds as it's still within the 6 year warranty. They said the same thing - looks like burn in. LG would replace the panel for £200, which RS would cover - but LG have no panels left.

So RS are giving me a £700 voucher to spend on a new TV, which I think it's a brilliant result.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom