LG OLED 77" C1 - Loses Video after 8 seconds for approx. 3 seconds after turn on

barryrgo

Novice Member
I have an appleTV 4K connect to port 1, no other input sources. The HDMI arc port is going to my sonos arc sound-bar. When I turn the TV on via the apple remote the apps on the appleTV appear for approx 8 seconds. During this time I can scroll thru the apps but after about 8 seconds the screen goes dark for 3 seconds before the apps appear again with the cursor in the same location before the screen turned dark. I get the same results when turning the TV on with my Sony Blu-Ray Player.

I changed out the HDMI cable and the appleTV 4K. I see no difference in the results.
I have a LG OLED 65" with an appleTV 4k in another room and what I see does not occur on that set.

This does not appear to be normal.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I think you have to set whatever HDMI input you're using to “Enhanced” in the settings menu.

aliman5000

I have an appleTV 4K connect to port 1, no other input sources. The HDMI arc port is going to my sonos arc sound-bar. When I turn the TV on via the apple remote the apps on the appleTV appear for approx 8 seconds. During this time I can scroll thru the apps but after about 8 seconds the screen goes dark for 3 seconds before the apps appear again with the cursor in the same location before the screen turned dark. I get the same results when turning the TV on with my Sony Blu-Ray Player.

I changed out the HDMI cable and the appleTV 4K. I see no difference in the results.
I have a LG OLED 65" with an appleTV 4k in another room and what I see does not occur on that set.

This does not appear to be normal.
I experience the same sort of behaviour, and sometimes it can appear then disappear a few times before finally settling. I have put it down to the receiver and TV sorting out communication and although it isn't as convenient as it 'just working' ultimately I know it will get there eventually.

I also think it might be ARC related as my Xbox does the same thing, even though it is directly plugged into the TV and sound is sent back to the receiver.

Have you tried removing the link from TV to soundbar just to see if it still does it? It would at least nail down whether it is TV related or ARC related.

barryrgo

Novice Member
I experience the same sort of behaviour, and sometimes it can appear then disappear a few times before finally settling. I have put it down to the receiver and TV sorting out communication and although it isn't as convenient as it 'just working' ultimately I know it will get there eventually.

I also think it might be ARC related as my Xbox does the same thing, even though it is directly plugged into the TV and sound is sent back to the receiver.

Have you tried removing the link from TV to soundbar just to see if it still does it? It would at least nail down whether it is TV related or ARC related.
Resolved: Port2 (eArc/Arc) on the LG was set to Arc; changed this to eArc. Found this in the advance sound settings. I also change Sound from Auto to Pass Thru.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom