Mettaman

Novice Member
I have my LG OLED 65B7A connected to a Sonos Arc soundbar via the HDMI-Arc port on my TV. Will the TV pass an Atmos signal to the Arc speaker? Also, does this model TV support DD+? Thanks!

Most (if not all) 4K UHD LG televisions from 2016 onwards are able to pass 'lossy' (Dolby Digital Plus) Atmos via HDMI ARC to a suitably equipped AVR or soundbar...

Shadow_Zero

Standard Member
Do most tv's older than 2016 not support this? (I have a Sony Bravia HX800 from 2010 that seems to only support Dolby Digital, and passing through 2.0 PCM in the case of Dolby Digital Plus... But it's hard to find info on the subject!).

Do most tv's older than 2016 not support this? (I have a Sony Bravia HX800 from 2010 that seems to only support Dolby Digital, and passing through 2.0 PCM in the case of Dolby Digital Plus...
If Dolby Digital Plus isn't mentioned in the TV's 'User Manual' (with a registered trade mark/logo) then you're out of luck...

Shadow_Zero

Standard Member
The manual only mentions "PCM/Dolby Digital optical signal". Doesn't even mention if that's Dolby Digital 2.0 or 5.1 (not sure if it's possible to only have 2.0, or if hardware always will support 5.1 in that case). But yeah, doesn't mention DD+, or DTS for that matter :/

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom