Question LG OLED 65 CX - Blur/judder v artifacts question

MrDanT

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here, so I appreciate any help...and thanks in advance! I'm the proud owner of a 65" CX, and it's an amazing thing. The colour and blacks are awesome, and 4K looks fantastic...except, something is bugging me (quite a bit).

I'm struggling with the motion handling in some scenes on some Netfilx and Disney Plus 4K content, I just can't seem to find the settings that work. Bluray content looks good, with some tweaking..but still not 100% (gives me an excuse to buy some new 4K discs to try).

I'm watching the Mandalorian on Disney Plus (loving this series), but there's one scene that sums up my issues:

@Season2, E1 (Chapter 9), 12:24-12:30, the speeder crosses the dessert from left to right, and it's just one blurry mess. With all motion processing turned off, the speeder look blurry, with motion processing turned on it introduces varying degrees of artifacts and stutter (especially when the speeder moves behind the mountains). Either way, there's no pretty way of watching the speeder cross the screen, and it's supposed to be the focus of that scene!

For those out there who have the CX and Disney Plus, how does this scene look for you? Pre-purchase, the CX reviews mentioned that it was really good at handling motion (Sony was a little better)...should the LG handle a scene like this better?

What does the community think... Is that just how it is? Or is there something that I should be doing?

Thanks again in advance!
Dan

What TruMotion settings are in use? For me, the TruMotion settings that I use helps with lip sync settings. Not quite the same thing, but worth playing with to see if that makes a difference.

I have the exact same thing.
Did t try any setting change.
This page was my first google hit.
I must have screwed up my notification settings, because I did not see that my thread had replies.

I just don't get this TV...I mean, I love it, and the Motion handling is supposed to be great!!

If I add even the slightest Dejudder via Trumotion settings, I get artifacts. Does this mean that Dejudder setting is useless?? @Anyone in the know, am I doing something wrong?

Dan

What TruMotion settings are in use? For me, the TruMotion settings that I use helps with lip sync settings. Not quite the same thing, but worth playing with to see if that makes a difference.
@Clem_Dye never had any lip synce issues.

I tend to play with the custom Trumotion settings and increase the Dejudder on higher quality sources.

Real motion tends to stay on/off depending on the default and the source.

I can't help but feel that LG Trumotion settings are useless for those without UHD sources 😔

Dan

I too have recently purchased a LG OLED 55CX model and have exactly the same issue.
First time of owning an LG TV. All previous flagship TV's were Samsung which also have many issues but never quite such a problem as I'm having here with Judder.

I've spent hours and hours in the past undertaking calibration of tv settings to give that best as possible picture. After all why spend so much if you dont want it to look as best as it can.

Judder on this model is hideous with Netflix and Disney +
Almost no judder and perfect through Sky channels so there must be something that is happening with the signal or production of Netflix and Disney + programs

Has anyone asked LG for advise. Is their Trumotion in need of upgrading with firmware update?
Who knows but hopefully someone will have a solution. I accept that we see images differently to others and our eyes change with age and the room and light can make a difference but judder is a processing issue surely?

Any advice would be welcome for us all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom