• When viewing theads in any classified forum, threads from child forums are also displayed so that you have greater visibility of all the relevant adverts
    You can change this via your preferences page: https://www.avforums.com/account/forum-aggregation.

For Sale LG OLED 55C8PLA

Snapper kuro

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
55" OLED 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV with Freeview Play and Dolby Vision.
In pristine condition and only used on an evening, has probably averaged less than 2 hours per day since originally installed in late January 2019. Still with 4 months manufacturer's warranty.
Selling due to upgrading screen size. Photographs attached.
TV is currently mounted on a 'Sanus' Universal pedestal stand. Original stand, still in manufacturer's wrapping and unused, supplied with the TV.
Collection in person preferable from Tyneside area due to it being 'open box'.
Would consider travelling a reasonable distance to hand over in person to a buyer, would need to discuss this.

Price and currency: £899
Delivery: Goods must be exchanged in person
Payment method: Bank transfer
Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
  • Name and address including postcode
  • Valid e-mail address
DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attachments

adbailey18

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Hi there, any panel issues? Pixels/banding/burn etc

Also where was it purchased from and is there any extended warranty (transferable)?

Cheers

Last edited:

Snapper kuro

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Apologies for the late response, just seen your post!
There are no screen issues at all with the set, it hasn’t had very much use at all quite frankly.
It was purchased new from Richersounds and I’m led to believe their six year warranty is unfortunately not transferable. The LG registered warranty has 4 months still to run.

adbailey18

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Good morning, no problem at all, thanks for coming back to me.

I've had time to google map and to be honest I think it's a bit too far. I'm WA12 and south tyneside roughly 115 mile, so hell of a round trip.

I would ask about postage/courier but there is the no feedback issue.

Honestly if I was more your way/local I'd snap this up!

adbailey18

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
I'll have a think mate, I'm tempted but need to be sensible about it.

Weighing up cost/travelling/time/warranty etc, could be worth finding a new B8 or wait for the C8 to drop a bit more...

GLWS, will keep my eye on it anyway and see if its still up in a week or two

Snapper kuro

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
That’s no problem I understand. If you do decide to get back to me, and it’s still available, I’d be prepared to meet up with you at Hartshead Moor service area on the M62 if that would help?

adbailey18

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
It would help and logistically possible!

There's a few things I'd like to ask though just to cover a few bases if you don't mind? Plus would help other potential buyers!

Would you be able to access the service menu to confirm hours used?

Are you able to put up pics with coloured slides on screen? Red/yellow/pink/purple/grey etc

Do you still have the proof of purchase/receipt you could show?

Would you mind helping out in the future if something went wrong and a warranty claim is needed?

Thanks in advance :smashin:

Snapper kuro

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Hi again!
Could we be looking at a potential sale here if I can get all this information for you?!
Some of your questions I can answer immediately the 'techie' ones however, I'll have to 'phone a friend!!'.......looking a bit like witchcraft to me, but I'm sure he'll know he's an AV expert!
I have got a 'Digital Video Essentials' DVD which may have stuff on it you're asking about? If it has I can play it up from my 'Oppo' 4K player and take photos of the screens with an iPhone and post them on the thread if that would suffice?

adbailey18

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Apologies for all the questions!! Yes I'm very interested in a potential purchase, I already have a C7 which I want to move into a different room to replace a 10 year old LCD and install a newer OLED in the main living room.

If we where closer it would be much easier but as is I just want to make sure of everything I can!

You could find a colour slide on youtube and snap some pictures of that, I think the main colours are red/yellow/purple which would show any potential screen burn, and grey shades would show up banding more.

Do you have a harmony remote? Or a phone/tablet with an IR blaster?

It's just the warranty issue that's making me a bit nervous, especially with how close brand new inc warranty prices are!

Snapper kuro

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Still waiting for a call back from my AV guy!
In the meantime I attach some photos of the instruction and contents booklet that came with the DVE disc.
I have no idea what most of it means! Would you like to have a look at the list of contents and indicate anything there that may be what you're looking for and I'll play the relevant chapters and photograph the corresponding screens showing on the TV?
I think I may be able to get the hours of usage at the same time from something I found on LG's own website!

Snapper kuro

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Aah! Crossed in the 'e-post' !
Whilst I wait to hear from you about my last post.........
I intend to keep a photo record of the sales/purchase receipt and give the original to the buyer for his/her safekeeping and future reference (which hopefully wouldn't be needed!). I am more than happy to assist in any potential future problems 'warranty wise' if necessary but have been told that wouldn't be an issue. The first five years of the six years warranty is dealt with by LG apparently it is only the sixth year that is richersounds responsibility as long as the product has been registered when new with LG which I can confirm it is.

Snapper kuro

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
OK!.....Here we go!.............Is this the kind of thing you're looking for? Trawled through the chapters on the DVE disc and came up with these......
IMG_2178.jpg
IMG_2179.jpg
IMG_2180.jpg

adbailey18

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Appreciated thanks, not sure on how the warranty works but usually only 12 months with LG then it's claiming through RS. If your happy to assist for any potential future issues thats reassuring.

Thanks for the pics, was having a look at the contents before but got sidetracked. Any chance of doing full screen colours, red/yellow/purple especially? Best bet is just using a colour slide video off Youtube.

Any luck on the hours?

Again thanks for your time/patience!

Snapper kuro

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Can't find in the menu what LG are suggesting on their website. My AV expert is obviously unavailable tonight so hopefully he'll contact me tomorrow. As soon as he does I'll ask him 'how to do?' and post a reply as soon as I find out and have a figure for you.
I don't expect it to be high as the TV is only used on evenings and then not every evening of the week. It is never a TV which goes on first thing in the morning for the news then stays on all day for children and into the evening for grown ups! There are no children/grandchildren in our house, only me and my wife and we both have many other interests and activities aside from watching TV to be honest!

adbailey18

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
I use an app called AnyMote on my tablet (Android), gains access to the service menu and the figure is in there.

No rush though, cheers

adbailey18

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
How do! Thanks for that, hopefully not to tricky to find out for you?

I'm honestly almost done with the questions :p

Would you be able to put on full screen colours? Red/yellow/purple ideally, they tend to show any burn better.

Also does it still have the original packaging?

Snapper kuro

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Hi again!
Photos of colour test screens you asked for and confirmation of hours usage
IMG_2183.jpg
IMG_2186.jpg
IMG_2187.jpg
IMG_2188.jpg
- best I can do with the camera on my i-phone!
I don't have the original packaging as per my original post about it being 'open box'.
The only thing in the original unopened manufacturer's packaging is the stand which is obviously included with the TV.
Now you have all the information you've requested are you going to buy this TV?

adbailey18

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Hi there, many many thanks, I know it might seem excessive all the questions but better safe than sorry etc and I really appreciate you taking the time to do all that.

Taking everything in to account, and other options which are available, I'd like to make an offer of £825.

How would you plan on packaging the TV?

My only slight problem is I may not be available to meet until the 18th/19th, unless I could juggle other things around...

Snapper kuro

Standard Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Hi there!
I appreciate your thanks for all the time I've spent answering your questions, I would feel the same if it was me buying this TV and I've learned a lot about TVs in the process so thank you for that too!
I've given a lot of thought to your offer and what I would like to propose is this.
How about if I reduce my asking price by the same amount you increase your offer and say £860 and I will safely and securely deliver it to your door on a date to suit you?
£60 payable as a deposit to secure it for you and cover my transportation costs with the £800 balance payable on delivery.
Would we have a deal at that?

adbailey18

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Hi there!
I appreciate your thanks for all the time I've spent answering your questions, I would feel the same if it was me buying this TV and I've learned a lot about TVs in the process so thank you for that too!
I've given a lot of thought to your offer and what I would like to propose is this.
How about if I reduce my asking price by the same amount you increase your offer and say £860 and I will safely and securely deliver it to your door on a date to suit you?
£60 payable as a deposit to secure it for you and cover my transportation costs with the £800 balance payable on delivery.
Would we have a deal at that?
I think that is a fair deal, so thank you.

Shall we move to PM and swap details/arrangements?

adbailey18

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Apologies, forgot you may not know with first time deal!

Will do it shortly :smashin:

adbailey18

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Arrangements made via PM and £60 deposit paid

adbailey18

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
This TV has been sold and now has a new home!
Thanks to everyone who showed interest especially the buyer!
Deal went as smooth as you could wish for, many thanks :D

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published