LG oled 55B7 screen issues

Anthony999

Novice Member
Hi, just after some advice, I’ve had a lg 55 inch b7 for just under 4 years, it was bought from curry’s in may 2018, the tv gets general usage no more than 10 hours per day most days probably less than that. We watch some hdr content mostly sd terrestrial channels with probably 2 hours of Xbox playing a day. 2 weeks ago the tv made a weird crack noise just for a second and I didn’t think too much about it but since then as you can see from the pics the screen is retaining pretty much everything we watch from YouTube to Fortnite and the screen is getting really hot like untouchable hot in the left side. So hot it would probably burn skin. I have run the pixel refresh in settings but it hasn’t touched it, is it normal for screen burn to just appear and should the screen be that hot it has been 2 weeks and not improved. I have contacted curry’s but not had a reply yet. Has anyone had a similar thing happen to theirs. It was/has been perfect upto this point . Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DEA955EF-B9E8-4DB8-9A07-7445EC5E066C.jpeg
    DEA955EF-B9E8-4DB8-9A07-7445EC5E066C.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 48311F05-2675-4B2B-B330-21910F381167.jpeg
    48311F05-2675-4B2B-B330-21910F381167.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 31

mouldyolddough

I had a very similar situation with my C7 bought from Currys in 2018 with the 5 year warranty. I had heard stories of this kind of thing being problematic with it possibly being due to extended watching of channels with logos. My set had the logos but it also had your issue along with banding every 4-6 inches from the top of the screen. I had kept putting off contacting Currys, but finally bit the bullet a fortnight ago and they have been excellent. They arranged collection for last Monday, and called to ask for me to send pics of the burn in so that they could arrange whatever part might be required. I got it delivered yesterday with a full new panel. Result!

I made this post yesterday

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom