Lg Oled 55 C9 for my usage or not?

Batista001

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Im from the Netherlands and have a question i would like to hear y áll opinion about my dilemma.

A few days ago i bought a LG Oled55c9. My old bedroom tv broke and i quickly bought this one because of the good reviews and the "future proof" specs. Also because its an oled....i already have a 65inch qled in my livingroom and i was thinking it would be nice to have an oled in the bedroom. (best of both worlds haha. I love my qled because its very crisp and bright, wich i personally like a lot. Im a high brightness guy lol)

Normally i always do my homework on my purchases but this c9 i bought maybe a bit to quickly.

My problem is that i never heard of Oled burnin. The more i searched and read about it the more frightened i got. I read that oled isnt for everybody and you should not leave static images etc. on your screen.

My issue is that i use my bedroom tv for 90% cable tv, off wich 70% is soccergames. The other 20% is ps4.
The cable tv channels here in Netherlands all have static logos. Most of them are pretty big and white but the channels i watch most are yellow and blue with some orange. (i watch fox sports and fox etc..)
The other channels have white logos, some are a bit transparent but others are fully white.
Also the ps4 has static images, like lifebars in RPG games etc...

Now, i know you should change channel now and then, but i mostly watch fox sports and like i said, all channels here on cable tv have those ******* logos.
My c9 is on around average 4 hours a day in the evening. When i play ps4 i play the same game for a few hours in a row, every day until the game is finished.
Sometimes when i watch a movie on cable tv, there are advertising blocks between, but also every movie here has Dutch subtitles.

Right now im really afraid of burnin to come because i mostly watch the same channels and i play ps4 for multiple hours in a row. Also all channels here have these logos. All of these reasons make me scared about future burnin. I dont want to replace my tv in about 2 year and buy a new one because im not a rich mofo haha.

Im thinking about sending my c9 back and get a samsung q90r or q85r (i dont know the difference between these 2 but i can research this offcourse)

I paid 1299 euros for the c9 here in Netherlands but will also become 100 euros cashback, wich makes the total price at 1199 euros for the c9, wich is a hell of a deal here because normal price is 1899 euros.
I can get the q90r for around 1600 right now.

What are your opinions about this? Is my fear justified? I can tell you doesnt feel nice to watch my new tv right now because i read all this burnin issues. (ps. yes i leave my tv on standby and i have pixel shifting on and logo luminance on HIGH, altough i dont see any difference with the logos)

Thank you guys in advance, and please, its not my intention to create a oled vs qled thread, so please dont make it one.

Greetings Batista

Have you seen: OLED Burn In Risk there's a lot of scare mongering and missinformation out there regarding burn in, so its easy to get scared.

If you calculate your usage based on watching the same soccer game with the same logo each day for 4 hours it would mean you start to see burn in in over 6 years. Thats 9000 hours total usage that rtings.com had with their amercan football game (lots of logos) on loop for 8 hours a day.

Given you have a larger variety in what you watch, including different score boards, different computer games and you also use the logo dimming feature on a 2019 model where they are improving the life of each pixel I think you are perhaps worrying too much.

However, if you are still within the return window and do not wish to think about it, you should exchange the TV. That's a choice you have to make on your own.

Regarding the logo dimming feature, its not really noticeable but it does work. It reduces the brightness of the logos on a per-pixel basis if it detects they are dangerous.

Subtitles I wouldn't worry about at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom