• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG not accepting HDMI connection from PC??

lecter

Standard Member
Hey there,

Been having a problem with my recently purchased LG monitor (M227WDP-PZ) ...it will not accept PC connections via HDMI!

The port is not grayed out, but I get absolutely no signal! I've tried the following variants:

1. PC w/ATI HD3650 graphics with HDMI support - it comes with a special DVI-HDMI adapter (also supposed to do sound)...the adapter worked fine for me ages ago with a Toshiba HDTV set, but using it now with an HDMI cable yields NOTHING :( It won't even show any POST graphics on my PC, it simply does not recognize that anything is connected...although the port is not grayed out in my LG menu!

2. Second PC w/Nvidia FX5200 graphics, DVI connector...I used another little adapter, for DVI (daughter) to HDMI (father) along with a DVI cable, connected to my LG's HDMI port...it should work (sans sound), right? Wrong! Again, no recognition of any monitor being present.

The set works fine via regular VGA or DVI, but any attempt at using its HDMI port with a PC is met with failure! I don't have a set-top DVD player handy to see if it makes any difference, but could it be possible that those bastards @ LG have disabled PC input on the HDMI port somehow?? I don't care about the calibration that is needed to make it look good, I simply want it to work!

Perhaps the HDMI connector is faulty, but then wouldn't it be grayed out even when I have the cable connected?

Please help!!

Also, this particular model (as opposed to the M227WD-PZ) has only 1 HDMI port and I've heard that LG does not officially support connecting PCs via HDMI...but in my goddamn manual it shows a connection scenario in which a PC with an HDMI port is connected to this monitor's HDMI port! So what gives??

I hope I can find a solution to this that does not involved lugging it across town to the store...but who knows, maybe the HDMI port on my display is faulty...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom