LG NB4540 Soundbar AVForums Review

Just wanted to say thanks for the review. This influenced my decision to buy.
Cheers

Hi, I'm looking at getting this LG soundbar to go with my LG 4k TV. Before I do can I ask about connections? I can see in the manual to connect to the TV using the ARC HDMI and I can see how you would connect another external device, a Sky box for example, using the 2nd HDMI, but what about a 3rd device like a Blu-Ray player, would that need to be connected using the optical connection perhaps?

Anyone with crackling issues on this soundbar? I am having this kind of noise on this soundbar with a 42LB670V. It's not consistent but can get very annoying, specially when the sound is very low. I get this on the soundbar even when all sources are off (but with the soundbar turned on, of course) and even when the soundbar is connected via Wi-Fi... I went to LG technical assistance but they said nothing was wrong with it (because they but did not found the issue) and this thing is driving me mad...
Probably something related with the materials of the soundbar itself or associated with heating (the center of the soundbar can get very hot) but I have told that to LG and still they don't seem to find anything that can cause this.

Anyone with crackling issues on this soundbar? I am having this kind of noise on this soundbar with a 42LB670V.
All i can say is that my soundbar is hooked up to my Sony 2015 Android TV, via HDMI ARC, and no crackling issues. Sorry.

All i can say is that my soundbar is hooked up to my Sony 2015 Android TV, via HDMI ARC, and no crackling issues. Sorry.

Yep, that's my problem; seems that no one is having this kind of issue with this soundbar or whit this set (42LB670V + NB4540). I'm alone on this. Probably I will end up buying another soundbar and selling this one to another victim.

Just in terms of trying to diagnose the issue, have you tried connecting via a different audio connection to see if the problem remains?
I see that you describe 'wifi' connection above (i dont know if that is an option for me, i assume its an LG TV to LG soundbar feature - is it really WiFi though, or is it some other radio?).
Have you tried Optical? Headphone jack?

At this time, it is turned optical. Regarding wi-fi, forget it... :) I am talking about the sound sync wireless (Bluetooth). It's in fact the connection between the TV and the soundbar via Bluetooth.

I can try the headphone jack or ARC but, as I said before, seems to me that is something related with the body of the soundbar. A construction issue (because the soundbar heats a lot in the middle) and not an audio issue.

OK. It's not an issue I have.
It's not just as simple as tightening a loose screw, is it?

That's the next step. I will try to do that with all the screws because for like a 7 day/15 day period after being on the technical assistance the soundbar showed no issues at all. However, the symptom returned after that period of time...

That's the next step. I will try to do that with all the screws because for like a 7 day/15 day period after being on the technical assistance the soundbar showed no issues at all. However, the symptom returned after that period of time...

I'm having a similar issue, what did you do in the end?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom