LG NB3530A 300W soundbar, any good?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by BM08, Jun 16, 2015.

1. BM08

BM08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Been into a shop and listened to it and was quite impressed at what i heard, seems like a big improvement over the tv speakers, but my question is has anyone here got one or one similar to this? whats your thoughts on it?

Also a quick question about cables, this particular soundbar only has optical and no hdmi, so is there any downsides to this? normally you'd say that id need the soundbar remote to control the volume, but seeing as i have an LG tv i believe it has optical soundsync, so i think my tv remote would still control the volume of the soundbar too? so really theres no downsides to having no hdmi socket is there?
    Ive just got sky hd and a playstation to connect to it.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,568
    The only potential downside of Optical is if you are planning to use the TV as a 'Switch' with Optical out of the TV to the Soundbar - many TV's only accept 2.0 via HDMI.

If you go Optical direct to the Soundbar from the Source it is not an issue and 5.1 will be fine.

Joe

3. BM08

BM08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Brilliant thanks for the reply!

4. BM08

BM08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    :)Well I just bought the above soundbar yesterday and I must say I'm very impressed with it, it's a HUGE improvement over the TV speakers. It was money well spent in my opinion.

Just to add I was using my sky hd remote to control my TV power on/off and volume for the last year and it still works with the soundbar volume aswell. It turns on when I switch the TV on with sky remote automatically, and when I switch the TV off the soundbar turns off after 1minute. So I'll only need the soundbar remote to change sound modes or use other features, so that's handy.

P.s I've only typed the above for future reference if anyone else is looking at this soundbar or one similar.:)