Question LG NanoCell 65UN7300PUF - Help with Periodic Flashes of Snow

busterbramwell

Novice Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a new LG NanoCell tv to replace my 9 year old LG plasma. With the new tv, however, I've been experiencing an issue with split-second, periodic flashes of snow/noise. This issue did not happen with my plasma tv, and the A/V setup is the same. This can happen any where from once every few seconds, e.g., once every 5–10 seconds. But last night it was really bad, multiple flashes every few seconds, e.g., one or twice every other second. I've got a Marantz NR1504 A/V receiver that outputs to the TV, and all of my peripherals are input to the A/V receiver: Comcast set-top box, AppleTV 4th Gen (A1625), PS4, Samsung Blu-Ray player, and mini game consoles (e.g., Nintendo Mini, Sega Mini, etc.)

Between the TV and the A/V receiver I've got about a 15 ft. "4K x 2K" HMDI braided cable from Ultra Clarity Cables. For the PS4 and mini game consoles, I'm using the HMDI cables that came with the units. For the cable box, AppleTV, and Blu-Ray player, I'm using Amazon-brand "high speed" HDMI cables. I've also got external speakers connected to the A/V receiver using banana plugs.

Curiously, and up until recently, the issue only occurred with the AppleTV and PS4. No issues when using the cable box or mini game consoles. Last night the issue was really bad, so I played around with unplugging the cables, trying different peripherals in different ports, etc. This morning, however, we had the same issue with the cable box, which was previously fine. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Here are some images of what is happening:

IMG_9345.jpg

IMG_9346.jpg

IMG_9347.jpg

You probably have a faulty HDMI cable somewhere in the chain.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom