Question LG NANO90 vs Samsung Q70T (65 inch)

adarc8

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi!

my needs from the tv is mostly tv shows, and youtbue, and about 10%,20% gaming with a powerful PC.
the nano has 4k 120Hz, and the Samsung has only 120 hz on 2k.

The thing is that the nano is IPS which is good for me cause I'm in a very light room (sun through window), but I feel like the QLED of Samsung is like the more premium one.

I saw a video on youtbue where he compare nano86 vs Q60T and he says that the Samsung is more brighty which is surprising.. what do u think?

I know IPS has better viewing angle but less contrast. but it looks like its more important for light room, and it also have small advantage for gaming. should I go for nano? do u think the Samsung image quality is better than the nano? (because its still QLED versus ips..)

thanks

Because in average light room, You won't see IPS disadvantages. In dark they are terrible.
In very bright room, higher end VA will be much better, than IPS.

If you are comparing lower tier TVs without good anti reflection filters like these two then the TV using an IPS panel will be better in a bright room.

It's only when you start to reach models that have higher peak brightness that models using VA panels catch up.

I'd suggest viewing my best buy guide here: **New** My best value TVs, 2020-2021 Edition

And picking the model that is in the highest tier for your budget.

For bright rooms:

Budget: Hisense U7Q>LGs LCD TVs (cheaper UN7300/UN7400 is just as good in bright conditions as Nano series).

Mid range: Sony XH9005 or Nano 85/86

High tier: Sony XH9505

A lot will depend on local pricing and availability, but those are the usual choices.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom