LG Nano 90

Animor

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying the LG Nano 90 (75''), but I'm a little concerned of the panel being an IPS one, due to black levels and contrast.
I've read some contradicting reviews about this screen: some say it's a vast improvement over the 2019 models in terms of contrast and blacks, while other say that it still suffers from it. In addition I've read that it's not so bright compared to its rivals.
Normally I would have waited for a professional-technical review (from rtings for example), but they haven't even bought it yet and there are like 8 other models in their queue, so it will take them weeks to publish a review...
So I would appreciate honest opinions regarding the nano 90 (from owners or people who have experienced it), specifically:
  1. How are the black levels? How are they when watching in a dark room?
  2. When watching during the day with ambient light, is the nano 90 bright enough to display good picture? I couldn't find any official number for the nits.
  3. I've read that since the FALD has only 32 areas (at least for the 65'', not sure how many in the 75''), there is blooming and even flickering on dark scenes. How bad is it?
  4. Any other significant flaws?
Thanks!

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying the LG Nano 90 (75''), but I'm a little concerned of the panel being an IPS one, due to black levels and contrast.
I've read some contradicting reviews about this screen: some say it's a vast improvement over the 2019 models in terms of contrast and blacks, while other say that it still suffers from it. In addition I've read that it's not so bright compared to its rivals.
Normally I would have waited for a professional-technical review (from rtings for example), but they haven't even bought it yet and there are like 8 other models in their queue, so it will take them weeks to publish a review...
So I would appreciate honest opinions regarding the nano 90 (from owners or people who have experienced it), specifically:
  1. How are the black levels? How are they when watching in a dark room?
  2. When watching during the day with ambient light, is the nano 90 bright enough to display good picture? I couldn't find any official number for the nits.
  3. I've read that since the FALD has only 32 areas (at least for the 65'', not sure how many in the 75''), there is blooming and even flickering on dark scenes. How bad is it?
  4. Any other significant flaws?
Thanks!
The 75 inch has 50 zones (5 vertical and 10 horizontal) you can count them on this video.

I own the 86 inch Nano 90 and it has 90 zones (6 vertical and 15 horizontal)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom