LG Nano 86/Xbox Series X

HD Elvis

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm thinking of purchasing this TV to go with the new Xbox Series X I've pre ordered. I'm limited in that 49inch is as big as I can go given my room layout and as such, if I want DV, HDMI 2.1 4k 120hz my options are limited. This seems to tick a lot of boxes. Anyone else got this display already and can share their thoughts on this as well as any settings recomendations? I've currently got a Sammy MU6400.

From what I've seen, the 48inch OLED seems to be the 2020 screen of choice for gaming

Thanks, yeah that seems to be the consensus. Its double the price of the Nano 86/49 inch version though and with a four year old in the house I'm worried about that Cbeebies screen burn. Ha

Thanks, yeah that seems to be the consensus. Its double the price of the Nano 86/49 inch version though and with a four year old in the house I'm worried about that Cbeebies screen burn. Ha
I have a C8 and have no issue with screenburn from my Xbox one

I have a C8 and have no issue with screenburn from my Xbox one

Thanks, and are you a heavy user on the xbox? Would an hour or two a night be an issue?

Any Nano 86 owners out there who could share just general exp of the display?

Surprised that there doesnt appear to be many owners on the forum given price and spec of tv. Anyone?

Surprised that there doesnt appear to be many owners on the forum given price and spec of tv. Anyone?
I’ve just bought the 55 inch and the initial impression is that it’s excellent, been playing AC Valhalla today and Warzone

Any Nano 86 owners out there who could share just general exp of the display?
I'm an owner of the nano86 49 inch.
Was gonna buy the oled cx but was also concerned about screen burn. But was put off by the highly reflective glass, once you spot your own reflection you can't stop seeing it.
What made me go for the nano was the extra feature of Dolby Vision. This is not available on the oled.
Dolby vision is HDR 12 or another way of describing it is HDR 10 has 1.3 billion colours and dolby vision has 68 billion.
With dolby atmos sound aswell, watch Hamilton on Disney plus app, was just like being in the audience of the theatre. Amazing picture and sound.
All for £700!

I love this tv but has anyone had any luck solving the terrible delay between the tv and soundbar using an Xbox series x? I have the Xbox into hdmi 4 and my Sony htx8500 connected to the tv via Earc on hdmi 3. The lag isn’t present on any other devices or inbuilt apps. It’s only for Dolby Atmos that I get this issue and tweaking the delay on the tv or soundbar doesn’t improve the situation

What made me go for the nano was the extra feature of Dolby Vision. This is not available on the oled.

All LG OLEDs currently have Dolby Vision, that's their choice over HDR10+. Not sure where you got the idea that the CX does not have DV.

Just wanted to make that clear in case it sways anyone.

I dunno if you're still considering this TV @HD Elvis but I got the 55" version on Monday and it's a great TV for the money. My only complaint is the backlight bleed, but then that's a common downside to edge-lit TVs. I'm still using the Xbox One S at the moment (will be getting a Series X in the next few months), but games look much better than they did on my old Samsung, and viewing UHD content on the Netflix/Prime/Disney+ WebOS apps looks amazing. Really good sound on it too.

Just ordered the nano 49 to replace my Samsung 49 “ curved

can’t wait just need Sony and Msft to get finger out with the games😁

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom