LG N2B1 NAS server setup problems

panjabi_j4tt

Hoping someone out there has had similar problems if so please please please help. Finally got around to setting up my nas, couldn't find the original manual so used the online version. Managed to muddle through it to get as far as setting it up and accessible as a network drive. My 2 main problems are as follows:

1) Can't for the life of me setup remote access. The manual is rubbish and I don't 100% understand DDNS, do I need to do anything to my router?
2) Can't get torrent element to work, I have enabled the torrent option but then what? I clicked on the torrent icon in the top right of the web portal but nothing happens.

Please someone help getting desperate now:(

zombie woof

Standard Member
Firstly, are you on the latest firmware? Check the LG website and find out. Latest version at time of writing is: 2657.

Next, remote access. This NAS does not have an easy to use remote access. (Not a secure one anyway.) Unless you know what you are doing with SSL and MYSQL then I would advise you not to use remote access, because it's not secure.

The other option is to install a hacked FW from here: http://lg.threnor.de/en:start However, once again, unless you know what you are doing with LINUX and SSH, don't do it.

Regarding the Torrent, have you checked that your firewall isn't blocking it? That's the normal issue with Bit Torrent clients.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom