1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lg Mz42pz45v

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by billgreenwood, Jan 3, 2005.

1. billgreenwood

billgreenwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richer Sounds are advertising this model for £1,399.95. Can anyone shed any light as to where I can find more info on this model. LG's site seems no help.

I have seen this model working in the shop and to be honest, to me, it is a decent picture - much better than my Bush portable and I think the PW6 also that I was thinking of buying!!!. I was going to buy the Panasonic but once you buy the correct board or VGA-RGB adapter you may as well buy the LG. Of course this choice is dictated by my budget of £000000 My budget is so low!!!

I intend on connecting this to my Telewest STB and Toshiba combo DVD/VCR. The sound will go to my Sony Amp and Wharfedale nxt speakers.

So any thoughts or advice here will be very welcome and appreciated.

2. grahamtriggs

grahamtriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The reason it is not on the LG site is that it is not a current consumer model. The consumer models are TVs - with tuner and speakers. This is a 'monitor' without (although it does allow for 'portrait' orientation). It is in essence a commercial model, which might not be so bad as it does appear to be current - but it does miss out on some of the goodies, like the XD engine.

The best place to go for information is http://gb.lgservice.com/ - where you can download the manual, etc.

You can get the current consumer moder, the RZ-42PX11 - with tuner, speakers, and XD engine - for the same price, if you shop around online. For example, RGB Direct list it at £1385.