1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG MZ42PZ45V Input Board Picture Quality

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by shaithis, Feb 25, 2005.

1. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Just picked the above screen up for RS last night with the input board....

Got home and set it all up and I must say the picture is terrible when using any input source on the input board :(

I then connected my PC to the DVI input (built into the screen) and got a crystal clear picture....

Even tried setting the "solid grey screen" on my Yamaha RX750 reciever and connected it via S-Video and Component to the screen, both give extremely visible 'interference lines' and both DVD and sky images look fairly pixilated (like a badly compressed video).

Does anyone else have this setup and problem? or do I have a duff input board?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Bumping this as I am really desperate for people opinions....

Been pretty much shafted by RS on this after being talked into buying the LG instead of the Panny and now it looks duff (they replaced the component board yesterday and still the same)....their plasma helpline is open 11am-5pm mon-fri - how accomodating of them /sarcasm

No one else has this screen and can tell me whatthe PQ is like through the component board?

3. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,345
    dont think many people have ur panel mate, i was going to get it myself a year ago but deicided to wait for the rz42 px11
    iv seen ur panel running once and it looked ok! but no idea what feed and like i said it was ok, id bring it back mate and get a new model rz42 px11 (make sure its new model pre december builds leave them) or stick to the pio rs have done u mate spesh recomending that panel over the pio, i cud understand if it was new lg vs pio but not the mz