1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG MZ42PZ10 a Good or bad buy please help

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by philinman, Jul 6, 2002.

1. philinman

philinman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    :confused: Hi i was going to buy an LG MZ42PZ10 plasma screen from currys as they seem to have it at a good price
    £4000 and it comes with stand , tuner box and speakers . does anyone know if this is a good deal as i have looked on the net and it seems cheap .All the other sites you have to pay extra for the stand ect ect
    Also they are offering 2 years 0%
    So any advice would be good thanks

phil :p

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This model looks very nice and the picture is very good, a local store has it side by side with the much vaunted Panasonic,
    and in all honesty there is hardly any difference,

and I am sure I have seen the LG on offer at Richer sounds for £2999 including VAT. but I just checked there site and its not listed, but it is definatly in a recent magazine, so it might be worth ringing them, before parting with your hard earned £££££,s

3. philinman

philinman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have been to the site and at first look it looks cheaper but you only get the screen , no stand , tuner box , speakers and it is a differant model number but idont know what the differances are and as normal they advertise it on the web site at a great price but have none in stock but when they do the price normaly goes up :D

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am 99% sure that I saw the LG MZ42PZ10 advertised at the same price as the one on their site,
    as for the stand, on sale at various outlets for about £150

total spent so far then £3150
    as for the tuner, any vcr or sky digibox will act as a tuner,
    and quite frankly the money saved so far would buy a pretty good sound system, that would completly blow the on board sound into oblivion,
    later on I will try find the ad for Richer sounds to make sure it is the LG MZ42PZ10 that I saw.

5. philinman

philinman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes the tuner or sound isnt a problem as i have a sony sky box and i also have a sony DVP-ns700v DVD player and a Sony STRDB 1070 6.1 Amp ( Bit of a sony thing going on here i think ) But inst there problems with trying to connect to a plasma as they dont have a scart connection . I know if you get the tuner it has 2 x RGB scart conectors on the back
    :confused: :rolleyes:

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    these RGB to plasma seem to be the flavour of the monthfound here
    http://www.rgbtosvideo.com/

and buy a quattro so you can plug all your RGB stuff into it, then hook it to your Plasma

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    update
    Just found the ad for the 42pz10 model its in the August edition of what video tv mag
    Richer sounds ad on page 70

8. philinman

philinman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    thanks i will have a look :p