1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG MZ42 PZ14 Engineer's Remote where to get one?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nostro1, Nov 9, 2004.

1. nostro1

nostro1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Got my LG Plasma fixed yesterday and the engineer had a remote control that brought all types of factory settings, that I have never seen before. They fixed the problem of my dark picture in a couple of minutes.
    They took 2 weeks to get to me though, which begs the question.

1. Does anyone know where I can get one of these remotes.
    2. Does anyone have a link to where I can get a copy of the factory settings.

They were unsure of why the set lost it's settings so I am expecting it to go again one day and want to be prepared.

Any clues?

2. Neil-d

Neil-d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try holding the menu key on your set and the menu key on the remote for 3-5 seconds. Also advanced remote codes can be used to access the service menu's. I could be wrong but I don't think you need a special remote if your current remote can send advanced codes.

3. nostro1

nostro1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the information.
    I tried it and it did not work, then tried all combinations.
    I have a 6710V00067G remote control, is yours different?
    Contacted LG but guess what they will not supply a remote to do this, I suppose they want the call out charges.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Not so much the money, they don't want any idiots to muck up the settings. No offence meant, doubtless you have a brain, but loads of other buyers might turn off some vital function. There's dangerous stuff in the engineers menu, things like turning off IR remote commands. Then you can't get back into the menu to turn it back on cos IR's not working!! Got a Crestron controller, anyone?

5. nostro1

nostro1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MAW
    Many thanks, although to be honest I am not sure the engineer had much idea about what he was doing either, as he was reading the settings off an email sent down to him from his office.

The issue here is that the settings should never had changed in the first place and they had no idea how they moved so much to darken the picture down.
    It took me 10 days on the phone to LG to get an appointment, with empty promises of 'oh we emailed them' It has put me off LG despite buying a lot of their products. I work in a financial service industry for an US Bank and if I were to provide that type or service I would be looking for work elsewhere.

I am just looking for a way of repairing the fault should it happen again, but fully understand your comments of creating more damage by incorrect settings.

However I will continue my quest, or maybe LG may improve their customer service...

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Good luck, the remote will be a closely guarded secret though, that is the same no matter who you are dealing with. I find LG to be worse for customer service to consumers than most though, I don't sell any high value products of theirs any more.

7. symphara

symphara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Unrelated to plasma screens-

This reminded me of a phone I got (on loan) from an Erricson engineer, to test a suspect phone charger. This loan phone was GSM, yet SIM-free (!), and simply worked on all the GSM networks (I wondered who was getting billed?). It looked similar to mine (which was the commercial model) but it had a much simpler display, very strange menu options (full of codes) and a couple more buttons!

</symphara>

8. nostro1

nostro1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MAW
    Can you let me know what a Crestron controller is?
    If only I had my learning Remote with me, when he popped out to the van to scratch his head, all my issues would have been solved!

9. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    http://www.crestron.co.uk/default2.asp It's a high end, and I mean high end, home automation controller that uses RS232 to control stuff. You therefore go into that engineers menu and turn off IR control