LG Model,HB954PB

Wolfmother

Established Member
Reaction score
LG HB954PB : LG UK

I have been looking for a all in one system for a while. And this one seems to tick quite a few boxes for me. I don't believe they are on the market yet, but Laskys have them priced at about £750.
With Two HDMI inputs and a lot of spek, this all in one has certainly caught my eye. Has anyone else been following this product?

Looks great. Hopefully somebody, somewhere will finish their Toffee Crisp and give us all a good review. I'd wait till then before buying when it becomes available.

wireless rears = :thumbsdow
traditionally not really wireless, and a constant hiss..not what you want.

* note that it says that the rears "can be connected wirelessly", not that they are out of the box.

I haven't had any experience with wireless speakers, but i have occasionally wondered whether they can truly equal any wired system. I have had my doubts.
I have taken on board your experiences with wireless speakers and so i am looking forward to many reviews of this product. And the cost of it...
Cos at £750 (for the unit)i am sure i could put together a good Amp and speaker set that would possibly or probably do a better job overall!
with my ps3 included.

any update ?

Review: LG HB954PB Blu-ray player

This is nothing new in the sense of a proper review. the write up merely looks like its been thrown together from other articles and stats from the official site. But it might be of some use.
But on the shop, and genuine review front i have seen next to nothing. So far.

This is the First genuine priced system so far
as i have seen.

Lg Blu-ray Cinema System HB954PB

I bought mine from:

LG HB954PZ 5.1Ch Blu-ray home cinema system | Reliant Direct

It doesn't arrive until Monday 6th July but thought I'd post the link because the reason I bought the system from reliant was due to the 3 year warranty which comes with it. I couldn't find a better deal but as I say I'll wait till I recieve the item before recommending them, just didn't want someone to shell out £600 with standard warranty

I bought mine from:

LG HB954PZ 5.1Ch Blu-ray home cinema system | Reliant Direct

It doesn't arrive until Monday 6th July but thought I'd post the link because the reason I bought the system from reliant was due to the 3 year warranty which comes with it. I couldn't find a better deal but as I say I'll wait till I recieve the item before recommending them, just didn't want someone to shell out £600 with standard warranty

The 3 year warranty does make me feel inclined to purchase from them, when the time is right.
At the moment i am doing a project in doors which includes full scale decorating/ plastering and the installing of (i hope) the 55" Samsung 7020 led/lcd TV.
Once i have saved up my pennies.
This will be fixed stright to a bricked wall with a false wall to hide wires and allow the tv to look flush...hopefull!
. Its a bit of a slow progress but i will be taking a few pics of the project and I'll Probably post them.
So getting the sound system will be one of the last items on my list.

I have taken the plunge and have gone for this system. But it will be a while b4 i can test it out! I have got to build a wall for my new telly, have the room re plastered and then redecorate!!B4 i can install it.
I think buying the TV & Cinema system now will be the incentive i need to pull my finger out, and get the job completed.

I just purchased one of these from amazon, looking forward to it arriving next week!

The connections on the unit are ideal for my uses, I intend to connect my ps3 and xbox 360 to the blu ray via hdmi, then the tv as well.

One thing i have been trying to find out though is if anyone has a region hack to enable playback of region 1 regular dvds on it? I'm not fussed about blu ray being multi regional, I just want to be able to play the handful of region 1 discs I have which have no region 2 version. does anyone know of one? thanks

I still need to finish of a bit of DIY and cable tidying up, but the LG system works very nicely with my samsung aesthetically. But i found it was better to attach the HDMI from ps3 & virgin box directly to the TV then usung a Optical selector device i send the 5.1 to the LG system. I didn't always want sound from the amp, cos most of the time the tv sound is good enough for general use.
Great sound from the LG very nice beefy base. sound is very solid, I can't fault the system for the suberb sound. The setting are very basic tho doesn't give you many options to tweak the sound or PQ But as a plug n play it suits me just fine. Remote control is made from a 3pence piece of plastic very nasty the worst i have ever seen. So im looking for a universal one that covers all the commands!
Watched Blu Ray WALL-E on my Samsung ld tv fed by the LG system and it was a total joy. No sync problems, no complaints.:clap:

aaa.jpg

I know how to make it region free however I made what seems to be a disasterous mistake. I have the same situation as you where a few films I have on Reg. 1.

I managed to change it to Region 1 BUT not back again!!!

I am now stuck with 800 DVDs and a player set to Region 1.

I am devestated...and don't know what to do????

Of course I can tell you how to do it, but be careful...choose region "0"....and not "1" like me.

I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME!!!

How do you make it region free?

Did you manage to fix the problem? I think I read a reply to your question elsewhere that said you can reset it to the factory defaults or something.

That's great news! What a bonus. Thanks very much. I'll give this a go when I'm feeling a little braver. :)

Greetings
Yesterday I finally got my HB954PB. Spent the whole day unpacking and testing. It has exceeded by a clear mile my wildest expectations. Worth every cent!
It's hard to find a feature this set lacks. One of the few is the absence of "automatic sound calibration. One needs to do it manually, and I'm having some trouble with it. In the "Speaker Setup" section, it's possible to adjust the "Volume" and "Distance". One would think that the "Volume" would be automatically adjusted in function of the inputted "Distance", but I've confirmed that's not the case. So, the question is: what's the "Distance/Volume" ration? I.e, for each meter of speaker distance, how many speaker volume dB should one increase?
Here goes the "Speaker->Listening Position Distances" of my system:

Front Left: 3.75m
Center: 2.90m
Front Right: 3.75m
Rear Left: 2.30m
Rear Right: 2.30m

Thanks in advance

Any joy with this? I'm not quite sure how to set mine up either to be honest.

I think if I had any complaints about this system I'd say that it's a shame it can't play HD movies from a USB stick and it seems a shame that considering it has network support that it can't pick up a media server - only play Youtube clips. And the bass is a bit heavy for me but I think I just need to tweak the settings.

One question... I've not dared do the multiregion thing yet. Does anyone know if this has any impact on things like firmware upgrades? I definitely don't want to knacker it up but it would be nice to play usome of my region 1s on it.

Sorry to post the same question twice, but does anyone know if I can still upgrade the firmware after updating to multiregion? I'd really like to convert it to multiregion and watch some of my old region 1s and 3s but not at the risk of affecting future firmware upgrades.

2nd apology... my inability to read what's in front of me strikes again!

From looking at the link you posted I noticed there's a discussion tab! It says that once this hack is installed you CAN upgrade the firmware, but you can't do the hack with the latest firmware installed.

So when I'm feeling brave I will give it a go!

Well I finally plucked up the courage to give this a go and my God it was easy!! :clap:

Next up - try to upgrade the firmware... not sure but that may wait for another time. :)

Does anyone know which is the latest firmware? If I go here: LG Product Support for HB954PB it lists 2 versions but there are no dates and it has no information about them. (It would be nice to have a list of changes too!)

I tried to email LG but their online contact form has been broken for a good few weeks now. Very frustrating.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom