LG Magic Remote - Problems controlling Xbox One and Series X after 05.00.03 firmware (C9/E9)

SlackerX

Has anyone who has upgraded to the 05.00.03 firmware (I have an E9) lost the ability to control their Xbox One (I have an S currently) with the Magic Remote? Before the update, I was able to fully control the Xbox One S with the d-pad and press of the scroll wheel to select. Now, all I can do is bring up the TVs info menu button (3 dots) to do very limited things. I have found that if I turn Simplink (HDMI-CEC) OFF, the control comes back. Unfortunately this also turns off the HDMI audio passthrough and sets the TV back to TV Speakers only and stops passing the Xbox audio to my Sonos Arc soundbar. There are some people on the LG support forums that are complaining about the same thing with the One X and the brand new Series X as well:

Again, prior to the firmware update, I had Simplink ON, full passthrough of DD+ and TrueHD via HDMI eARC and my Magic Remote could fully control my Xbox One S. Any ideas or shared experience with this? I posted this on the US AVSForum but have not yet received a response.

BI66S

Novice Member
I have the same exact issue, and have posted it to the LG forum, only one response with no fix yet. I also cannot turn off simplink due to my hdmi receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom