Question LG Magic Remote and Sky + HD

smythc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Been awhile since I last posted but I got a new LG Smart UHD TV. It has webOS 2 reportedly has support for the LG Magic Remote for controlling the Sky box.

I have gone through the device connector and selected @SKY as the manufacturer and when it says to click the buttons in screen with the remote while they click, nothing happens. So the remote won't work with sky making it useless, I've done a software update on the Sky box but made no difference.

My next issue is trying to get the Sky EPG to display within the TV's native TV EPG which again is meant to be supported. I am only connected via hdmi, what do I need to do to be able to tune the Sky stations in?

Thanks

Colm

If its a mysky hdi box, check "pace" under the device setup menu. This worked for me

Hi there

Thanks, I'll try Pace. Not sure what you mean by 'mysky hdi', we got the box from Sky etc, in settings the manufacturer says Sky but will try Pace then maybe Amstrad also.

Will let you know

Just to let you know, Amstrad worked... Thanks for the help. Now if I can just get the Sky EPG into the native TV one I'll be sorted... Any ideas?

Set my skyhd up last in my 60uf850v and surprised that the remote works as a sky remote the only thing I noticed is the scroll wheel has no function other than the press click. Other than that works good, I did have to reset the TV to factory to get to the set up page for set top box section.

I have LG 43UH661 model. I was trying to setup my SKY Q box with the LG Magic remote but its not working. I tried SKY, PACE, AMSTRAD but nothing working. Can anyone help me please?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom