• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG M2362D-PZ doesnt like mkv

dspit1664

Established Member
Hi, how could I stream hd / MKV content to LG Tv? I have a central NAS but thinking of getting WDTV or similar.

next010

Distinguished Member
You will likely need to get a WDTV Live if the TV does not support the MKV container.

In order to get around the fact that TV media players are not very good, DLNA servers use transcoding (converting video in real time) which is what makes it play but this needs a powerful PC CPU to do it and a NAS does not have this kind of hardware so transcoding is impossible even if the NAS supported a DLNA server with transcoding support.

dspit1664

Established Member
Ok I decided on the Dune 301 when it comes out so I guess hook MKV source to it then the Dune 301 to tv and leave it to play my MKV ( and other films BR etc ) ?

awink1

Distinguished Member
Ok I decided on the Dune 301 when it comes out so I guess hook MKV source to it then the Dune 301 to tv and leave it to play my MKV ( and other films BR etc ) ?

Yes that will certainly do the trick :thumbsup:

carlito

Standard Member
i got a lg blu-ray player, to match my lg 42", so the remote works the tv too. (less remotes lying about-i'm a bit 4nal with things like that!).
the blu-ray player has most of the media player facilities(via hdd into usb port) and takes all my mkv's in its stride.
along with avi's, divx etc,
only cost £60 at the moment!
has a network connection on the back too..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom