1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG M2343A-BZ reviews or opinions?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by iwspoon, Jul 19, 2005.

1. iwspoon

iwspoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just noticed this LG model has recently been released as a multifunction TV/monitor, has anybody seen or got this model and have any opinions on it (for those who have not seen it but are interested here is a link:
    LG M2343A-BZ )

The only thing is that the £800 (approx) price that I have found is putting me off as I was also looking at other JVC and Samsung models which come in around £600. Can anyone offer opinions on what is the best 20-26" model for PC and TV use??

2. flangemonkey

flangemonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thought I'd bump this thread since I'm interesting in this panel too. I can get one for £240, so wondered if it was worth it or not?

Can't find any reviews anywhere about it, so can anyone on here who has one confirm its picture quality with standard-def sources via SCART/S-Video?

3. flangemonkey

flangemonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Bump - saw one today in PC World - only connected via composite - so image quality wasn't the best (although it was better than the Samsung 940MW via composite).

Can anyone who has the LG offer any opinion?

4. flangemonkey

flangemonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Bumpity-bump - surely someone must have this set?!

5. KevIW

KevIW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have seen this listed for £250. And quoted as 15:9???? why is that with its resolution 1366x768. Anyway anyone got one or got an opinion. Want it for sons 360 and freeview box.

6. flangemonkey

flangemonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I bought one in the end back in the summer.

It's a fairly capable set. It's definitely 16:9 - not 15:9.

It's got only 1xRGB SCART (NOT 2 like the manual/online tech specs state), 1xS-video, 1xComposite, DVI, D-Sub(VGA), 2xPhono (Stereo), Headphone socket (not advertised in the manual even, but it's there!).

It DOESN'T have component-video phono sockets, but apparently, the SCART is actually component-capable (if you can get hold of a component-phono->SCART lead, that is)

Pretty sure it accepted both 720p and 1080i from my Pioneer DV696 via an HDMI-DVI lead (can't fully remember since I use another player with it regularly that doesn't output via HDMI). Pretty sure that 1080i looked better - might have even been that 720p didn't display correctly - I'll check again tomorrow to make sure...

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it - I actually only feed it low-quality standard-def material (Sky+ from a wireless video-sender), and from a 2m viewing distance it looks absolutely fine. I also found that its S-Video input was MUCH clearer than the RGB SCART for DVD viewing which is a bit odd since RGB is usually the clear winner, but it must just have a low-quality RGB SCART I guess - it is a budget panel at least.

From what I recall, upscaled DVD via DVI looked great, and I would bet that anything else you feed it via VGA or DVI would look similarly good.