1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG M1710A LCD TV and Not Happy

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by alexanderpinder, Oct 2, 2005.

1. alexanderpinder

alexanderpinder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I recently purchased this TV from PC World on one of their special offers:

http://www.savastore.com/productinf...store&product_id=10282673&pid=204&rstrat=7421

The picture quality is not great in my view but the worst thing about it is the colour and difference between the dark and light. For instance, on a yellow background you cannot pick out anything white atall.

I have tried fidgeting around with all the settings and I still can't get anything near what it should be.

If there is anyone here with one could you post your settings?

It is connected to the TF-100GB Pioneer Freeview box. I know that it is an old aerial connecting the wall with the freeview box but I am not getting the squarey interference that halts the picture, it is just poor picture and colour.

So my questions:

1) Is it the LCD TV Itself which is the problem, or is it the cable, or the Freeview box?

2) It has no scart socket, but it has the 3 cable which goes into the TV which is a scart at the other end and plugs into the freeview box, would I be able to get a scart splitter and plug a DVD in at the same time as a freeview box?

3) If it is the TV, can anyone suggest a GOOD LCD TV in the 17"-20" Range for around the £250 limit?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. alexanderpinder

alexanderpinder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, Just an update.

I connected the TV/Monitor to my Computer and played a few DVD's, played Battlefield 2 on Full settings at 1280 x 1024. It ran flawlessly and I couldn't tell the difference between that and my DVI LCD monitor.

But when I connect it to the aerial, the picture isn't really very clear, it is kind of grainy/squarey. But the worst thing is the colours, contrast and brightness.

Is this the same throughout the LCD Range or is it just my TV?